Chapter One

The day I discovered the amulet, I never knew that it could lead me to all of this. This is the story of how one little metal necklace changed my whole life.

------------------------------------

It was late at night and I was standing outside a white, ancient-looking mansion. It was wrapped with green vines. Weeping Willows were planted throughout the land surrounding it, whose shadows made the mansion look eerie and mysterious. A concrete pathway led to the entrance, which was an arched doorway. Light shined from the interior, people were coming and going for what looked to be some kind of ball. 

Men and women were passing right by me, impeccably dressed in tuxedos and ball gowns of all colors. The females were bowing their heads to the usher standing outside the doorway. To my utter surprise, I found myself wearing a ball gown, its skirt the color of crimson and covered with black lace. I had on a black corset, a necklace with a blood red amulet, and black high heels that caused my feet to ache. My black hair was up in a corset braid.

I didn't know why I was there, but I decided to head inside, entirely curious. Bowing my head to the usher, I followed the other men and women into the ballroom adjoining the hall. Some men and women were waltzing, others were standing and conversing. Bright crystal chandeliers glowed from the ceiling. The melody for the Viennese Waltz played overhead by an orchestra that was in a balcony above. There was a bar set up in one corner with tall dark stools placed around it. For some reason, the lighting was darker around the bar than the rest of the ballroom. Meanwhile, a waiter was passing out drinks. An unearthly beautiful man standing in the corner by the bar, seemingly isolated from the rest of the group, seemed to catch my eye. An ominous feeling inside told me he was up to something with the mysterious woman near his side.

My heart skipped a beat as I stared at him. The man seemed to be in his early twenties and had pale skin, thick, gorgeous dark chocolate hair, and a perfect straight nose. Like other men, he also wore a tuxedo, giving him a dapper look to his appearance. Meanwhile, the woman with him was beautiful. She seemed to be in her late forties and had a mystical look to her, with her black hair curled, thick black mascaraed lashes, olive toned skin, and a black, sparkling gown. Like the man, she had a perfect straight nose. Her lips were marked with dark crimson lipstick. She also had a black corset on and seemed to be rather displeased about something.

My heart sank as I realized that perhaps they were together, but you never know. Curious to know whether they were together, I was about to walk over and join them when someone tapped me on the shoulder. 

"Hello, Miss," he said as I turned around to see a middle-aged man I estimated to be in his late forties. Splotches of gray were beginning to show in his dark brown hair. He was dressed in a grey business suit that complemented a white shirt, and had luxurious black leather shoes.

I smiled. "Hello."

"Let me introduce myself, I am Senior Kiasea," he greeted, smiling in return. "Would you like to dance?"

He extended his hand to me. I nodded my assent.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?"

"Daniella Brochuete." I answered.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Miss Brochuete," he greeted as he looked into my icy blue eyes.

"It's nice to meet you too, Senior Kiasea." 

I waltzed around the room with Senior Kiasea, losing track of time. While he spoke with me about all kinds of things, I kept an eye on the inhumanely attractive man and the strikingly beautiful woman. It was at one point while I was waltzing around with Senior Kiasea that I had caught the young man's attention. He glanced over at me as I danced.