Chapter 51: Battle of the Grimms

They mistook my pain as an attack from the other side, and angrily charged inward yelling at the top of their lungs deafening me almost. They all quickly clashed against one another. It was worst than I could imagine. The Grimms wasted no time in drawing blood, and man did they draw blood. The other Grimms tore their way through the lap dogs of Osiris's siblings. Waves of black reapers and blood sprayed everywhere. They worked like a giant machine. Every time a back was turned another would be there guarding it. If one would fall over, there was one there to shield them and pick them up. They were holding their own against the demons, birds, and angels. They all fought as one, unlike the rest.

The rest didn't mind taking out a demon or bird person as long as they got to battle a Grimm. Dev ripped through her own people with her trident. Her red skin and horns glistening in the light from the sweat. The ground was scorched wherever she stepped or if someone accidentally touched her. She was grinning as she cut through the Grimms. The few near attempted to help but Dev opened her mouth and let out a hellish fire forcing the Grimms backwards. She singled out one of the Grimms and he simply locked his legs and held up his blades. She twirled the trident in her hands as she looked at Osiris. The Grimm feinted left and used his right hand to puncture her but she merely caught him and pulled him against her. The poor Grimm struggled and tried to attack but her strength was more than he could handle. Dev forced him to burn alive against her body. When she finally let go there was only scraps of metal and pile of ash that remained.Osiris fist bawled and for once I could see something beast like peaking from his features. She laughed as did the Fates, Godrick remained silent. He held his down and looked away from the scene. Some of the Grimms let out a fierce cry and with their weapons jumped through the flames, the opposing side quickly capitalized on the pain from crossing over it. The first wing of Grimms got hit hard the demons were ready along with their leader, however this was our realm. Osiris killed the fire quickly and those Grimms that fell rose again with his help. I could see the onslaught was becoming difficult at some points to read. 

Constant movement. The cloaked ones stood in the far back doing nothing but observing as their bird things did all their work. The Grimms still held it together and pushed the intruders back. Blood being shed and the sounds of constant battle kept me still. Someone's blood splashed against me hitting me in the face. I touched my face in horror. I realized my hand were shaking. The mud began to stain and stink from the unnatural mixture. Fire was always burning and screams were never ending. the ferocious bird beast flying above screeching their piercing cry making the others fall to their knees. The beast then would try to snatch at the fallen Grimms. Like always though before the birds could sweep them away someone stepped in and acted as a shield. The horsemen were in their own league. The way they exterminated their kills was in the hundreds, easily. 

The horsemen onslaught was relentless and if they along with the other Grimms keep this up we might just win this war. The one with chains would target the fates and their beast. His skin peeled and each turned into something. An insect, his skin was turning into insects? Not just him, but the horse as well. It was just a shackled skeleton at the end. The ground shook and a low buzz fell on the land. Billions of bugs rushed into the sky and began to eat at the flying beast. They would eat from the inside out and move on in seconds with barely leaving anything left of their previous meal.The female horseman stood on her steed and held up her blade. The massive dull steal gained a red luminescence and so did the stead. She let out a deep cry before swinging the blade and leaping into the battle. The sword shot out a ray that would pull the blood out of her enemies bodies. She moved her blade effortlessly despite its massive size. She ravaged the demons and horse was no different. The horses would trample through and attack the others as well. It was like a wild, chaotic dance. The horse grew larger and larger stomping out hundreds of demons alone. Those around her acted barbaric and belligerent she smiled as they came at her. They were possessed by this woman and were just prey being lured.