Part Six: The Promised Day

Aileana felt as if her skull was going to split open. When Scar attacked the Fuhrer it caused a giant hole right under where they were standing.

            “Hey, you ok up there?” Darius asked as he looked up at her. Feeling that the floor was giving way, he had moved her so he was resting on his shoulder as he hung from a metal beam with his other hand.

            “Yea, my head’s just a little sore,”

            “Darius, can you climb your way done here?” Hawkeye called from the level below them where she, Jelso, and Zanpano were.

            “Yea, shouldn’t be a problem,” he shifted her around, making sure she was secure but comfortable. He swung three times, then landed in front of the rest of them.

            “Where’s May?” Aileana looked around.

            “She must have fallen the rest of the way down,” Darius looked down the hole, “hopefully she’s ok,”

Just when he thought he would never get out, Edward felt himself falling until he landed hard on a smooth title surface. Looking around, he saw Izumi laying a few feet to his right and looking as if she too had fallen from the ceiling.

            “Teacher!” he called, going over to her side, “are you alright?”

            “Yea, I think so,” she said, sitting up to look at him.

As they were discussing where they might be, Alphonse materialized and joined them, clattering to the ground like a large tin can.

            “Do you know where we are Ed? What’s wrong with Al?”

            “I’m not sure,” Ed shook his head, it felt like I had gone through that portal again,”

            “1…” they hear a voice from the shadows, “2… 3… 4… There’s one missing,”

Looking over, Ed saw a large humanoid mass walking towards them. It was hideous and covered in the same eyes that had appeared below him moments before. The truly shocking thing about him was the fact that Hohenheim was being absorbed into his body.

            “Hohenheim!” Ed yelled, getting to his feet.

            “Edward,” Hohenheim said frowning, “Don’t tell me they dot you and Alphonse too? Oh, and Ms. Izumi. I’m sorry I can’t greet you properly,”

            “Don’t worry about that!” Izumi also got to her feet, “What happened to you?”

            “I attempted to absorb the philosopher’s stone within Hohenheim, but it didn’t work out the way I expected it, “the mass said, “so I’m keeping him like this for the time being,”

            “Uh... and who exactly are you?” Ed asked, confused.

            “I guess you could call him my clone,” Hohenheim sighed, “You might know him better as the one the Homunculi call ‘Father’,”

            “HUH?! THE BEARD GUY?!” he did a double take. Now that he thought about it, Father had been almost like a twin to Hohenheim and he had even thought that father had been his father, “how did he end up looking like this?”

            “Enough of your babbling, Hohenheim,” Father said, sucking him deeper into his void, “thank you for coming my dear human sacrifices. Welcome to my castle,”