Chapter 25

Kael. He's alive but he's standing on the enemy line. Why is he protecting the witch? Why does he look so...dead?

Hundreds of questions swarm into my head as I watch him closely. Somehow I could feel his wolf tensed and he got an emotionless green eyes like he was not there. He never been so emotionless and in fact the other 9 of them look the same as him, like a zombie.

That's when it click. The one eye bitch must have cast some spell on him and the others to control them, turning them into her puppets.

I growl angrily. 'What the fuck did you do?' I bare my fangs at her and growl as loud as my anger is.

I saw her flinch but she quickly hide it by smirking as she move and place her hand on Kael head. He bow at her touch. "Robert wants to kill these rebellions at first but I thought it would be such a waste to kill these warriors, especially this one." She pat Kael's wolf head. "So I ask if I could just take them as my puppets and he granted my wish with a price, of course."

Anger flood into me and I'm seeing red. How dare he give her Kael like he was just a toy to use and throw away? How dare he tried to kill him, his own pack members? How could he treat his own wolf brother like this? But her last words caught my ear and Veronica caught it too. "What kind of price he ask?" she voice my question.

She chucks. "That is something that she have to find out herself. If you survive here." her smiles wickedly as her brown-orange eyes glows at me as if she is powerful than me.

Diane was beyond furious at her little challenge. 'You'll pay for this, bitch!' I snarl.

She smirks. "Come and get me then."

I was ready to sprint toward her when Ica held her hand out. "No, she's mine." I heard voice was light, like she was smirking too. I look at her and it's true, she was smirking with her violet eyes glow with a flick of gold in them and stare at the witch. She didn't gulp but I definitely saw the fear in those brown-orange eyes. Ica must've be a very dangerous, wanted witch.

She flicks her eyes between me and Ica before she shouts her command. "Kill them!"

10 of the warriors growl shortly and ran toward us fast. I only have a second to hesitate before Kael launch himself toward me and tried to sink his fangs on my neck. It almost feel like I was training with him, like we usually do except this is real and I hesitate to attack or even lay a claw on him. Yes, he trained me and even beat me up sometimes but he's my instructor and my father's friend and one of the pack council. How can I have the heart to really hurt him?

'Kael!' I called deep into his mind while dodging his attacks. 'Kael! It's me, Selyen.'

He didn't twitch or respond to my call but continue to swing his claws and snap his jaw at me. Right then, another wolf crash into him, like someone throw the wolf away and I snap my head to my left side to Alex bare his vampire fangs at the wolf he had thrown.

'Don't kill them, you idiot!' I growl at him.

"I'm not but they need to be knock out if you want them alive!" he shout back as another wolf attack him. He backhanded the wolf before continue. "The spell will disappear when Veronica kills that witch or undo the fucking spell." The wolf snapped his teeth at him but Alex shut his wolf mouth with his bare hands and throw him away. I hate how he man-handed my pack members but he's right. If we can't kill them, which we really can't, we have to knock them good.

I take a quick glance at my surrounding. Ian was fighting with 2 of the warriors in his wolf form and one was unconscious on the ground but I could see him holding back his attacks. Sam was still fighting with one werewolf while Veronica's demon fox was handling with another 2 warriors. A few meters away was Ica battling with the one eye witch with their witch ways.