Part 17

She couldn't stop herself from crying. While hearing what was Arvell's saying according to what he is reading. That means she doesn't have a chance to visit him again. She doesn't want to be the next victim of those criminals.

She heard him uttered her name so she looked up at him. He's staring at her then he suddenly pulled her near to his side and held her in his arms. He rubbed her back. She felt something familiar in his gesture. This is how Ryun comforted her. She felt that she is in Ryun's arms. The comfort in his arms. She just misses him especially now that she can't visit anymore alone.

He continues rubbing her back that made her cry even more.

"Ella, please stop crying I don't want you to cry. Come to the cabin and relax for a while before you go back to the manor." He told her and he took her hand and held in his. They walked back down, he guided her towards his cabin.

When they reached his cabin he pushed it to open. He didn't lock his cabin? She wanted to ask but she couldn't find her voice yet. He guides her to the couch at the corner near the bed. He went to the fridge and pour cold water in a glass and gave it to her.

"Drink this water first." She heard him say. She just took the glass from him and drink it.

After she finished he took it from her hand and put down in the sink.

Her eyes just followed him. His face is not Ryun's face. But the way he moves. His features. How he speaks to her. Maybe she misses him badly. Yes, she misses him really really badly she thought.

"How do you feel?" He asked her pulling a stool and sit in front of her.

Why he's doing like that? This is how Ryun to her. He's doing exactly how Ryun does before. Now instead of calming herself, she burst out crying.

"Ella, what happened?" He asked her grabbing her hand. Those look of concern in his eyes.

"Ryun--- " She said crying.

"I know you miss him so much." He said.

"Why you behave like him? You are just like Ryun in a different body." She said it.

"Ella---" He said in a hoarse voice.

She could feel that there's something in him she just can't point it out.

"Maybe you're right, I just miss him that's why I can say that you are Ryun in a different body. I'm sorry. I know you're not going to be Ryun. Because you are Arvell Cornwell. The multibillionaire of Cornwell." She said convincing herself, pushing behind at the back of her head what she felt about Arvell.

"Yes, you just miss him that's why. Would you like me to accompany you to visit him?" He asked.

"Thank you Arvell, maybe I can visit him again after he caught the criminals." She replied.

"I have to go now so I can come back again later. Another group of campers will come later." She said standing up.

Arvell is too quick helping her, he holds her hand and helped her balance when she sway from standing.

There he is. It's really like Ryun inside Arvell's body. She just shakes it off on her mind.

"Thank you!" She said.

"You're welcome." He replied.

She used a golf cart this morning and not her horse so she climbed up to the golf cart and drove back to the manor.

Why she felt that every time she's with Arvell, there is something in him but she can't point it out. She could feel it. He's a stranger if she will look at it. She hasn't seen him all her life. She might have heard the name but she's not focused and not even interested. A week ago is her first meeting. But she doesn't feel awkward. It feels like she has known him before.

She shakes off what's in her mind. She needs to do her job. The Farlow will come back next week so she must have to be attentive. Give her full attention to her job.

She parked her cart behind the manor and enter from the back door.

"Hey, Martha, what do we have for breakfast? Hmm, it's already brunch time though." She said trying to give her best to be normal. She doesn't want to give a woman a hint that she has been crying.

"I'll prepared pumpkin and asparagus quiche, it's perfect for brunch," Martha replied.

"Wow, I love that Martha. Can I eat now? Are they ready?" She asked. Finally, her emotions diverted to the delicious food. One of her favorites, she loves it with lots of goat cheese.

"Yes, sit down and I'll set the table," Martha replied.

She sat down happily. The woman placed the dinner plate, fork, and knife. She put the tall glass for her juice. Martha brought out the freshly baked frittata from the oven and put in front of her.

She sliced a piece of it and put in her plate. She blows a little because it's still hot. And put in her mouth.

"Hmmm, very good Martha." She said chewing the food.

Martha poured an orange juice for her.

"Sit down now and eat with me." She asked the woman.

"Of course I will, I won't let you finish it you know," Martha said taking her own plate, fork, and knife. She sat opposite to her. She too sliced a piece of it and put in her plate.

They eat together until they felt full. There's still half of the baking dish left. They couldn't finish it anymore.

"Why don't you bring this to Mr. Cornwell. So he has his lunch." Martha told her.

"Good idea, it's good to eat it freshly baked. OK, I'll bring it to him. I'll call the office first and told them that I'll send the worker to guide the new guest later. I will just meet them at the ranch." She said then finish her juice.

She stood up. Martha took a smaller container and transfer the quiche in it.

She called the office and told them what to do. After the phone call, she took the container and went out of the manor. She will bring it to Arvell.