Chapter 5

Chapter 5

After her friends had been taken away by the bandits, Mayume found herself running through the woods, occasionally searching through the future for anything that might happen to her or her kidnapped friends. So far she had not found anything major except that the Suzaku followers were tied up in a room, unconscious. This brought Mayume some relief knowing that they had not been seriously hurt as of yet, but she knew she could not relax until they were free from their capturers. Though, there was one thing Mayume did not see in her visions. And that was an orange haired male with a dislike towards women running in the opposite direction.

As she allowed herself to slip into another vision, Mayume did not take notice of the man in front of her. Of course, she wasn’t the only one not paying any attention. A male with wild orange hair had been looking through his satchel as he was running through the forest. He never saw the blonde haired girl racing towards him.

The two unsuspecting teens collided into one another and ended up sprawled out across the forest floor. The two teenagers groaned, sitting up, while rubbing their aching heads. The male cursed under his breathe while the female silently scolded herself for not paying close enough attention to her surroundings. The only one that seemed to be fine was the little feline that was now standing beside the blonde haired girl. When the two looked up to see what, or who, they ran into, they froze at the sight of each other.

Mayume silently freaked out in her mind, thinking that the young – very handsome, she would admit – man was going to kidnap her like the bandits did with her friends. Admittedly, she needed to go to the bandits hideout if she wanted to rescue the Suzaku Priestess and warriors, but being forcibly taken there was not part of her plans.

The man, however, was cursing his luck for running into a woman in the middle of a forest. Though, the woman was very beautiful one, she was a woman none-the-less. The man jumped to his feet and pointed wildly at the woman still sitting on the ground. “W-What’s a woman doin in these woods?!”

Instead of answering the young man right away, Mayume stood up, brushing the dirt off her clothes, before looking up at the man. “Well, I’m trying to find my way to the bandit hideout around here.” Mayume observed him closely, taking in his roguish appearance. “I’m going to assume you are a bandit. Are you going to try and kidnap me like the others did my friends?”

The male stared at Mayume blankly as he took in her reply. Certainly  wasn’t expentin that, he thought to himself before shaking his head. “No I ain’t kidnappin ya! Why would I wanna kidnap a woman?!”

Mayume raised an eyebrow at the bandit. “I thought the reasons would be obvious…” The fiery haired male blinked in confusion. Mayume sighed and started to count the reasons off on her fingers. “One: Chores like cleaning and cooking. Two: Entertainment.”  

“Entertainment?” he questioned. “I get the chores, but why entertainment?”

Mayume deadpanned, “Just a quick question for ya….Are you by any chance attracted males?”

“What?!” the male shouted in surprise. “No! I’m not gay!!”

Mayume looked off to the side, muttering, “Could have fooled me…”

“What was that?”

“Nothing important,” Mayume shrugged with a smirk. She turned away from the male and started walking away with Xia following closely beside her. “But don’t worry, your secret is safe with me!”

“I told ya already! I’m not gay!” the man yelled as he jogged after her. “This is why I don’t like women! You always assume things that aren’t true!”