Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Mayume and Taiitsukun approached the followers of Suzaku. As they came closer, Miaka and her warriors could see Taiitsukun more clearly. Their reactions to seeing Taiitsukun made Mayume want to double over in laughter; however she held it in but not without a teasing smile on her face.

Miaka pointed to Taiitsukun. "It's King Tut's grandmummy!"

Taiitsukun's head, suddenly became ten times larger, and shoved it in front of Miaka. "Do you want me to reopen your wound?!" The old sage's head shrunk down to normal again. "Who do you think you're calling King Tut's grandmummy?"

Nuriko came to stand in front of Taiitsukun. "Uh, hi there...."

Taiitsukun shifted her gaze to Nuriko. "Yeah, what is it?"

"Are you....Taiitsukun?"

"Yes, I am," Taiitsukun answered.

Nuriko blinked, "Really?" Nuriko looked over at Mayume in wonder. "Then, who's she?"

"I am. I am indeed the controller of this universe." Taiitsukun gazed over at Mayume before moving her eyes back to Nuriko. "Introduce yourself, child."

"I go by a few different names, but for now you may call me Mayume." Mayume smiled softly at the Priestess and warriors. "It's a pleasure to meet you all in person."

"Oh, yes, well I'm N-" Nuriko began.

"I know who you are, Nuriko,"Mayume interrupted. She looked over at the others. "Miaka, Tamahome, and Hotohori."

Taiitsukun looked over at the Emperor of Konan. Mayume also shifted her gaze to the man, seeing his back turned away from them and bent over slightly as if he were sick. "Hmmm....Hotohori? What are you doing?"

"I can't stand the sight of anything that is so ugly," Hotohori answered.

Mayume sweat dropped as well as Miaka, Nuriko, and Tamahome. Taiitsukun pulled out her hammer and hit the Emperor in the head. "You shouldn't have said that....Taiitsukun hits anyone who insults her ugly appearance." Mayume side stepped Taiitsukun's hammer as it was hurled in her direction.

Taiitsukun huffed but did not attempt to hit Mayume again. "You saw that coming, didn't you?"

Mayume smiled while laughing, "Maybe!" Mayume looked at their guests. "Oh, my, we should get you treated right away!"

Taiitsukun sighed as she put away her hammer. "Yes, she is right. It is clear to see you are all still terribly wounded. I wanted to test you, just to see how willing you were to help one another."

Miaka perked up at Taiitsukun's words. "A test? You mean that other person that counterfeit me....?"

"Yes, of course. That was my doing," Taiitsukun admitted.

Miaka suddenly began to whimper and hold her chest tightly. Mayume's eyes softened at the sight of the girl in pain. She looked over at the old sage. "We should get her to the palace quickly so Nyan-Nyan can heal her and the others..." Mayume whispered to the small old woman.

Taiitsukun nodded, "Her devotion surprised me." Mayume opened her mouth to comment but a sharp look from Taiitsukun made her close it shut. "I suppose we have no choice. Let's go to my palace and there we will discuss this." Taiitsukun placed her palms facing towards the small group of four. The followers of Suzaku suddenly flew up into the air on a magic carpet. You would think this was Alladin...Mayume thought as she chuckled at the surprised screams of the four guests.

Mayume tapped Xia on her head lightly to wake up the small feline. Xia yawned while looking at Mayume with sleepy eyes. "Xia, can I ride on you back to the palace?" Xia nodded lazily as she jumped off Mayume's shoulders. In mid-air, the once small feline erupted into flames. The cat's body became surprisingly large enough to allow a few people to ride on her back. Xia now towered over Mayume by at least a head and a half. Mayume patted Xia on the head lovingly. "Thank you, Xia." Mayume jumped up onto the feline's body and turned towards Taiitsukun. "I guess we should join up with them."