Chapter Four

/////Sam's POV\\\\\

Azula is the worst teacher ever, and refuses to admit it. Zuko tried explaining the whole 'legend' thing, but he couldn't remember the stories clearly. Ty Lee does nothing but try to put me in fancy clothes, and went as far as sneaking into my room at night - the girl is terrifying. It turns out that Mai is the only one who remembers nearly every detail of the legend, and she helped explain what I was supposed to do. 

With the power of two elements, I'm supposed to be able to determine the fate of the world. I can control fire and water with my mind, which is supposed to help with the whole 'determine the fate' thing. 

It had been two weeks since my 'episode' in the training room, and Zuko had talked Azula into slowing it down a bit, which I was thankful for. School was annoying, and the teachers all still thought I was a moron, but I didn't let it get to me. 

It's not my fault I can't read. 

I was sprawled out on my bed, staring at the ceiling - something I did often nowadays. It was boring here, and I couldn't take two steps out into the garden without being attacked by servants. It's like they're afraid I'll run away. 

With a sigh, I sat up, and focused on the cup of water by my bed. I squinted, with my lips skewered to the side. I even put my fingers to my temple, but nothing happened. Frustrated, I threw my hand down, and plopped down onto the bed again. 

"Miss Sam?" I heard. 

"Yeah?" I called, raising my head to see a servant that I've never seen before timidly walk in. 

"P-Princess Azula sent me to fetch you," she stammered. 

I sighed, and swung my legs around to jump up. "Lead the way," I told her, forcing a smile on my face. 

I followed the woman down the hall, to a part of the palace that I'd never been to before. The woman stopped in front of a door, but before she could knock, I walked pass her, and barged right in. 

"You wanted me, Princess?" I asked, crossing my arms. 

She was sitting at her vanity, fiddling with her hair. She turned to roll her eyes at me, and with her hand, dismissed the poor servant who looked like she wanted to die. 

Poor woman. I didn't even ask for her name. 

"Sam, we're going on a trip," Azula stated, staring at me through the mirror. 

"A trip?" I repeated, tilting my head. "What kind of trip?" 

"Father is having a meeting with some of his advisers," Azula sighed, spinning around. "And he wants us gone." 

"It's not like I'm going to bother him anyway," I said. I hadn't spoken to him since he summoned me to tell me my death sentence. 

"Don't you want a change of scenery?" Azula asked. "To get away from the palace and the academy?" 

I looked away. She knew that answer, she didn't need me to verbalize it. 

"I thought so," she smirked. 

"Where are we going?" I asked, plopping myself down on her bed. 

She glared a bit, but didn't say anything. "Ever heard of Ember Island?" she inquired. 

"Totally," I said, putting as much sarcasm into my voice as possible. "I was just there last week, with my non-existent friends." Huh. Was I actually missing Sokka so much, that I was starting to act like him? 

"Your other-worldly humor is not very humorous," the princess sighed, sitting next to me. "Ember Island is a place Zuko and I used to vacation at as kids. There's a beach, so pack accordingly." 

"A beach on an island? Who'd have thought." I twirled my hair around my finger, and stood up. "Pack for an island... I'll just ask Ty Lee to do it. She's been begging to pick out clothes for me anyway." 

Azula smirked, and motioned towards the door. "We leave tomorrow." 

I stood, glad that she didn't want anything else, and started to walk towards the door. 

"And tell Zuko," she called, heading back to her vanity. "For some reason, he avoids me." 

"Wonder why," I muttered, as I stepped into the hall. For good measure, I stuck my tongue out at the door, before sighing, and heading towards the garden.