page 12 • doltkawa

Similar to the way Oikawa is always determined to win every match he plays, today, he is very, very determined.

He is determined to walk to school with you, even if it's the last thing he does.

He watches you sitting in the seat in front of him, continuously tapping the table. It is 8.25 AM when you lose it.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU DOLT."

"That's a mean way to treat your guest, [Name]-chan."

You huff your cheeks at the person you wanted to crack a punch at. Mei runs out to the living room in her Karasuno uniform and arches her eyebrows in surprise.

"You both are STILL here?!"

"Are you blind?" You ask, and she squints her eyes at your sarcastic remark.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm off!" She says, putting on her socks. "And last I checked, even if you run the entire way to Aoba Johsai, you both will still be at least 5 minutes late for school."

"I'm off!" She yells again before she leaves.

"Mei-chan is right, let's go, [Name]-chan!" He whines.

You didn't care if this makes you win Ms.Stubborn of the year. You didn't want to go to school with him. Even if you'd be late.

Two more minutes pass, and you glare at the 18-year old in front of you. Will he ever give up?

"I'm not moving a single inch." He says, his smile widening into a grin as if he read your mind. You curse under your breath before you take a deep breath. This calls for drastic measures.

You stand up from your seat, and Oikawa copies you.

What a slug.

You walk to the balcony, and the brunette raises an eyebrow and continues his staring. You wrap your bag around your neck and climb up to the railing.

"Ciao!" You wave before you grab the ground pipe at the side and slide down. You land on your feet with a loud thud. Good thing you had your shoes on!

When you look up to the balcony of your apartment on the second floor, Oikawa is staring at you in utter shock.

Score one for you.

•••

At lunch, you go out to buy some food from the cafeteria. In your hurry, you had forgotten your lunch box, after all.

Misaki had been pulled away for another confession, so you decide to head on your own. On your way, a small petite girl bumps into you.

"Ah, I'm sorry-"

"Aren't you the girl that always flirts around with Oikawa?"

You raise an eyebrow at the girl in front of you. You then burst out into a laugh, irking the girl further.

"Me? Flirt with Oikawa?"

"Well, you need to stop hanging around with him, because he's-"

You blink a couple times, wondering what the girl wanted to say. Hearing things like this had become a daily routine of your high school life now, after all. What could one more hurt?

But when her eyes go wide and her lips begin to tremble, you turn around to see if she's looking somewhere.

And she is.

Behind you, stands Oikawa Tooru, arms folded across his chest.

I should just sidle away and pretend this awkward thing never happened... You think to yourself. Oikawa then puts his hands in his pockets and walks up to you. His gaze does not leave the petite girl in front of you.

"Apologise." He says, standing beside you.

"O-Oikawa-san!"

"I said, apologise."

Both you and the girl can only stare at the brunette in shock. In fact, you pinch your arms, and you definitely were not dreaming this.

Oikawa's gaze is stern and cold, and the girl gulps before she faces you.

"I'm sorry." She spits out, obviously not meaning it at all. For a minute, you're actually a little happy that he'd come to your defence like that.

After all, that's something you hadn't expected from a no-good like him.

"Good. Don't be mean to [Name]-chan, okay?"

For some reason, your face feels like it is on fire, and you don't have the guts to face him.

Wow, why is he being nice to me? You wonder.

But your wonderings are interrupted by an arm that wraps itself around your shoulder.

"Only I will be mean to her, right [Name]-chan?" He says, giving a peace sign to you.

By this time, the girl has already made her exit from the whacko scenario taking place.

"HUH?!"

Oikawa takes his hand off from you and begins to walk off.

"Catch you later, [Name]-chan!"

---

a/n: oikawa with blue eyes killing me rn AAAAAA