The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Eighteen.

A week later...

Makenna:

I laid my hands on my stomach as I turned to my mom, "Are you as nervous as I am?", I asked.

I saw her hand shaking as she put on her lip stick, "What? Me? Nervous? No.", she said and I could hear the lie in her voice and shaky hand.

"That isn't comforting, mom.", I told her.

She sighed and put her lip stick down and closed her eyes, "I know, sweetie. I'm a nervous wreck. What are they going to think of me? I mean, I left Dylan all these years and now we're getting back together? Not to mention since were mated. I'm scared...I'm scared they're going to think I'm a gold digger since he's rich and powerful when I'm not. I love him, he just makes it hard for me to love him.", she said and chuckled.

I took one of her hands, "I don't think they're going to think that. I think they're going to be happy you two are back together finally.",

She opened her eyes and I saw they were glossed up. She pulled me into her and kissed my forehead, "How'd I get such a smart daughter?",

I giggled, "You raised me well.",

She nodded, "Yeah, I did a heck of a good job.", she said. She looked down at her make up and gave me a lip stick, "Here, pink your color.",

I smiled and took it. I looked back into the mirror and looked over at myself. I was wearing nice skinny jeans and one shoulder-off gray shirt with a black tank top underneath with my favorite black boots.

I had a simple eyeliner look, making my light green eyes stand out and mascara to make my lashes longer. I added the lipstick and smiled at my reflection. I didn't look to bad and since my mom wanted to make a big impression, she picked out my outfit. She had her hair down--which is new since it's always up in a ponytail and flat iron down to the middle of her back. She had on a nice dark blue jeans on and nice white blouse with two inch heels. Her make up was just like mine, but her lip stick was a little more red.

"Is Shawn going to be there?", my mom suddenly asked.

I shrugged, "He said he will be. He's going to catch a ride with Travis since he's already in the pack.", I said.

"Are you happy he's going to join your father's pack?", she asked.

I looked at her, "Mom, it's Dylan to me.", I said and she rolled her eyes. "And I don't know. I don't know what those things are like since...I'm different.", I said, looking down at my shoes. "Do you think they'll like me even though I'm not...like them?",

"Yes," my mom said, not hesitating to answer. "They'll love you no matter what since your they're family.",

I hope she's right.

An hour later...

I bit down on my lower lip as we pulled up to Dylan house. It was pretty big, but not like mansion big. But still a good size. It turned out he doesn't live in a town, but on the outskirt of a woods where he owned a lot of land. I saw lots of people around and they watched my mom car.

I looked back over to her and she was frozen, looking out the window, "I can't do it.", she said. "I haven't spoken to Dylan family in such a long time. I haven't bin around wolves in forever but Dylan and Shawn. Oh, God, they're going to hate me!",

Oh, jeez, she's having a panic attack.

I grabbed her arm, "Mom, look at me!",

Her head snapped to me, "Y-yes?", she asked.

"Your freaking out," I told her and she raised a brow. "Take a few deep breathe and lets go in there, okay?",

She hesitated, but nodded, "Your--your right.", she said and took a few deep breathes. She took one last one, "Okay, I'm fine. Lets go.", she said and she forced herself to open her door. I unbuckled my seat belt and forced my own butt out of the car.