Chapter 4- "We probably need to stop"

Halloween was success. Piper did a great job turning Lillie in the perfect Cinderella. But something was wrong when I picked her up from school one day in the middle of November. She wasn’t swing her legs to the music like she normal does, nor did she wear that ‘Happy Lillie’ disposition I was used to.
“What’s wrong baby girl?” I asked as I drove down the street.
“Christine in my class is having a sleepover and didn’t invite me” she pouted.
“Oh well then it won’t be fun without you” I said hoping that would make her feel better.
“Daddy?” She asked.
“Mhmm”
“Can I have a sleepover?” she asked using those baby blues that were my kryptonite.
“I don’t know Lillie” I said trying to avoid looking back.
“Daddy please” She begged.
I hated when she used the word ‘Daddy’ against me.
“Uggh” I groaned. “Fine, you can have sleepover this Saturday” I said knowing I didn’t have a game.
“Yay! I love you Daddy”
“Love you too baby girl”
I put Lillie down for a nap and called Piper, knowing I couldn’t do this alone. I asked her if she wouldn’t mind helping me this Saturday. She agreed, and said she would do all the planning, which I was thankful for.
The sleepover was bigger than I expected. I had only expected three or four girls over, but it turned into a big group of twelve girls. Piper though assured that she had everything covered, saying she would ask her friend Allie to help us out.
When Saturday came, and the girls started arriving, I was still wondering if I had everything under control. So I called for reinforcements.
“Ok you better be ready for me to beat your….” Kaner said busting through my door without knocking. “Dude why is there a bunch of little girls in your house?” he asked setting the beer he brought on the table.
I gave him a weak smile. “Surprise” I said

“What’s going on?” he asked.
“Well Lillie is having this sleepover and it got a little out of hand, so…”
“Oh no! I’m out of here!” He said turning to leave.
“Uncle Patty!” Lillie squealed as she came around the corner, and running to hug his legs, stopping him from going anywhere. “Are you staying for the sleep over?” looking up into his face and with a plead in her eyes.
He looked into the little girls eyes, about to tell her ‘No’, when I heard a voice behind me. “Jon, the pizza place says it will another twenty minutes for the pizza to arrive” Allie said.
I could see the look in Kaners eyes when he saw the little petite blonde standing behind me. I’ve seen that look many times before at clubs and bars, even during warm ups at games when he looked at the girls at the glass taking pictures.
He smiled at the girl, then looked down at Lillie’s pleading eyes. “Yes, of course Lillie Pad”
“Yay!” she jumped up and down, then running back to join the rest of her friends.
“You owe me big time” he whispered walking towards the kitchen to join Piper and Allie.
Piper was the perfect hostess. She had all these games, and movies planned out, so that no one was bored.
I stayed back and watched as Piper had all the girls lined up playing ‘Piper Says’; her version of ‘Simon Says’. All the girls including Kaners , and Allie were line up playing. Lillie wouldn’t leave Kaners side. Whenever any girl would try to get close to him, Lillie made sure she was there make sure that girl knew Kaner was her’s.
“Ok Piper says, hands on hips”
All the little girls obeyed.
“Piper says jump up and down on one foot”
Everyone obeyed.
“Switch feet”
No one obeyed except Kaner.
“Ha, I didn’t say Piper says!” Piper said laughing.
“Oh Shut up” He said laughing, then walking over to join me. “Your so in love with her” he whispered.
“Who am I in love with?” I asked keeping my attention on Piper and Lillie.
“Piper, who else”
“Nah, we’re just friends” I said.
“Whatever man” he said.
I smiled as I watched the girls get tired of the game, so Piper put some Selna Gomez on and start dancing with the girls. I liked her, but there was only one girl that I loved, and she was in my living room wearing Cinderella night gown, with dark brown hair and bright blue eyes.
Finally the girls settled down around nineish and decided to watch Despicable Me. I was in the kitchen cleaning up the mess from Piper baking cookies.
“Need some help?” I heard from the entry way of my kitchen. I turned to see Piper leaning against the wall wear one of my old hoodies that I’ve had since my college days. It was big on her, it hung off the shoulder.
“Sure”
She walked in and started washing the dirty dishes and putting them in the dish washer.
“I hope you don’t mind me borrowing a hoodie. I kinda got cold”
“Nah, it fine”
It was silent for a minute or two.
“Thanks” I said as I began to dry some of the bowls that couldn’t be placed in the dishwasher.
“No problem. I mean I did make this mess”
I smiled. “No, for helping me out. I mean, you probably had a million better things to do than help throw this sleepover”
She smiled. “Like I said I don’t have a niece, and I sure as hell don’t have a little girl of my own to spoil, and I just adore Lillie. That little girl is hard to say no too”
“tell me about it” I said, causing Piper to laugh. She had a very sweet laugh. I smiled and looked down at her as she looked up at me, I finally noticed how close we actually were. The laughed stopped for the both of us, as we just stared into each other’s eyes.
I could feel myself leaning into her. Right as my lips were about to graze hers we heard a crash and a bunch of little girls laughing.
“I better” she paused. “I better go and see what’s going on”
I let her go and nodded. She quickly walked out of the kitchen leaving me to do the rest.
When I finally had the kitchen back to its normal state, I walked out to find Piper tucking some of the girls in to their sleeping bags. Little girls were scattered all over the room. I watched Piper give each individual little girl her undivided attention. She would make a good mom.
Holy crap what am I thinking?
My eyes landed on sleeping Kaner, Allie and a group of four or five girls that surrounded them, Lillie being the only one that was cuddled up close to Kaner side, underneath his arm . I smiled and took a picture and sent it to my mom. Finally Kaner’s dream of being surrounded by girls had come true.
I walked to the back hall to get some blankets. When I turned back around I was met by Piper standing close behind me.
“Oh Sorry Jon” She said as she put some blankets away.
I didn’t say anything. I could feel myself leaning down to meet her plump lips. She was soft and tender as I was to her. With my eyes closed, my hand crept up her neck and held her face in my hands, as her hands grabbed held the back of my head bringing me closer to her to deepen the kiss. I could feel her tongue at the seam of my lips begging for entrance, which I willingly granted her. She tasted of chocolate and butterscotch from the sundae she had made the girls.
When we both pulled back for air, she leaned her head against my shoulder. We have never gotten this far before. We had never had the opportunity. I let my fingers drag up and down her spin. Not ready to let go yet.
“We” she paused. “We probably need to stop” she whispered.
As much as I hated to, I nodded.
“I work for Stan” she said again trying to remind me and herself, but she still didn’t back away from me.
“I’m sorry” I said.
We stood there for a minute liking how it felt to hug her close to me. I liked how I could feel her soft curves against me. I liked how I could feel her heart racing against my chest. I just liked feeling her this close to me.
She finally backed away and walked back into the living room where everyone else was. I couldn’t help but stare at the way her ass looked in those black leggings.
I felt like I was a hormonal teenage boy trying to get some for the first time. It had been so long.
I need get those thoughts out of my mind. They don’t need to be there. It could ruin her career. Besides I had Lillie to worry about. Piper didn’t need my child drama in her life. Right now Piper needed to be the last thing on my mind.