Treegarth of Isengard

Now - Angmar

Mount Gundabad wasn't exactly the most welcoming of places. While certainly nicer than say, Goblin Town, the former dwarf stronghold turned orc-hold was an absolute mess. Tinneth sniffed and wished she could plug her nose. She had left her horse outside and proudly held her head high as she walked forward on foot, her three companions just ahead of her. Several goblin guards chittered and chattered behind when she walked past, and wargs growled at her presence. But she met all with a stare to silence them. She was an heir to the Noldorin crown. She was a Fëanorian!

The passageway she was led down was dark except where lit by fiery sconces. She saw goblins everywhere and they looked at her in wonder. Evidently word of her imminent arrival had gone before the travellers. They were expected.

Tinneth held no love for goblins. She knew of what they were: abominations, spawn of Morgoth's corruption. But they would serve her purposes well enough. Hers and Halion's.

"Welcome, child, to Mount Gundabad," came a deep, powerful voice as they walked into a large hall. "My you are a pretty one. For a half she-elf."

Tinneth looked up from her musings to see a large goblin, lean and strong. He had on his head a crown of bones. She cocked an eyebrow. He certainly looked powerful... for an orc.

"Ozim, Lord of Gundabad, I presume," she nodded her head. "I expect you to address me as Lady Tinneth. Not as child."

He narrowed his eyes and walked down from his throne of iron. He was almost Tinneth's height, oddly tall for an orc. He glared at her.

But then he laughed. "Of course, Lady Tinneth. I shall show you the respect you have earned."

"Earned?" Tinneth frowned in confusion.

Ozim nodded. "Your deadly excursions against the Rangers and Wardens a couple months ago is well known to me."

Tinneth smirked. "They had it coming. I need them dead to bring my family here."

The orc king nodded and looked her over hungrily. "What's this from?"

He ran his hand sensually over a large scar, newly made, that ran from under her eye down to her ear across her cheek. She instantly grabbed his wrist.

"You may be a king," she growled. "But you will not touch me like that."

He smiled, the malic in his eyes obvious to everyone. Tinneth's three companions moved closer to protect their lady, but she motioned for them to back off.

"My apologies, Lady Tinneth." Ozim licked his teeth. "Now. I heard you are here to beg of us help."

"I will not beg, Lord," she said, shaking her head. "We ask, request. Offer. Halion is gathering an army to assault the North, to take it back. He needs more men, and in return is offering you a chance at vengeance for the defeat at the Battle of Five Armies all those many years ago."

"A tempting offer, certainly." Ozim nodded. "But I want something... more."

"Oh?" Tinneth looked at him expectantly.

Ozim smiled. "I want to taste she-elf. Bring me one once we've won, one of your kinsmen. Let me have her."

Tinneth didn't even hesitate. "Done."

"Then it's settled," Ozim nodded. "I pledge five thousand goblins to your cause. And five hundred wargs."

"How long will it take to be ready?" Tinneth asked him.

Ozim shrugged. "Three, maybe four months. Should take Halion that long to organize and train his own."

"Agreed."

Now - Rohan / Isengard

When midday came and the fellowship trotted their horses through the thick forest that they'd come upon, they were all quivering with excitement. For this forest was the Treegarth of Isengard. Treebeard had turned it into one of his ent houses.

"Do you think Treebeard will be here?" Fëalas asked Eldarion as she rode between her brother and the prince.

Eldarion shrugged. "I do not know. I hope so!"

So did they all. Last time Aragorn or the other parents had been to Orthanc had been over twenty years ago. What remained of the original Fellowship had met to reminisce about lost times and talk about current events.

"Who do we have here?"

A slow, calm voice like water falling into a deep pool sounded to their right. They all halted and turned to see who it was.

A tall, slender ent stood there, eyes bright and curious. He swayed, looking them over.

"Treebeard?" Elfwine ventured the question on all their hearts.

The ent laughed. "Nay! I am Quickbeam in the common speech. But who are you? I see you are men, some with elven blood."

Eldarion dismounted and bowed deeply to Quickbeam. "Lord! We are a company sent by Aragorn Elessar Telcontar. He is my father. I am Eldarion, of the Reunited Kingdom."

"Hm, are you now?" The ent's eyes grew wide. "Welcome. And the rest of your companions?"

"Aderthon, son of, and Fëalas and Círeth, daughters of, Míril Fëanoriel. Elfwine and Edeva, children of King Éomer. Elboron, Barahir, and Finduilas of Prince Faramir." Eldarion went through introductions quickly.

Quickbeam looked them over curiously for a long while, saying nothing. Finally he nodded.

"Hmmm. Well. This is news indeed." Quickbeam laughed. "Come! I will take you to Treebeard. He is further into the Treegarth."

"Thank you," Eldarion nodded, mounting his horse once more.

The riders followed the surprisingly fast ent through the trees. They came eventually to what was a broken wall and gate. Piles of rubble sat there, but they were covered in foliage now that slowly broke the rocks down further. Quickbeam led them inside the ring and they saw before them, behind the trees, the Tower of Orthanc.

"Oh wow," Finduilas breathed.

Barahir and Elboron, to either side of her, echoed her. The huge black tower was menacing yet enticing. They knew the stories; Saruman had lived here. The traitorous Istari had created his armies of Uruk-hai here. All governed from that black tower.

Quickbeam gave a horn like sound that filled the circle. The trees quivered as if under a breeze. They waited. Would Treebeard appear?

"Homm, humm," came a voice behind them like a deep horn. "What have we here, Quickbeam?"

"Lords and Ladies of the West," answered the younger ent.

They all turned to see a large ent, broad shouldered, with grey and green hair for his beard. His eyes were old and full of knowledge. The company was stunned silent.

Treebeard.