Chapter 4

It's my mate. It's my grey wolf. I knew it was him. I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, not caring about the death glares the rest of the Alphas were giving us. He looked shocked, but then realised what was happening and wrapped his arms around my skinny waist.
"Thanks for saving me from that wolf." I whispered in his ear, he smiled and nodded. I unwrapped my arms from around him and shouted, "I, Princess Skylar Ocean Crimson Of All Shifters, have found my mate!" My father walked up to me and congratulated us. He then told every one to carry on with the party. It was pretty cold outside and I was shivering in my knee length, flowing skater dress. My mate must have noticed this, so he took off his own jacket and put it on me.
"Thanks. This is a silly question, but what's your name?" I asked. I thought it wasn't the right time to tell him I'm used to calling him my grey wolf.
"My name is Liam, mate." He told me, I felt shivers falling down my back when he spoke. I stared in awe at him. His dark black hair, his sky silver blue eyes. I was interrupted by my mate saying, "Like what you see?" I blushed violently. "Hey, don't worry, you can check me out whenever, Skylar." I loved the way he said my name. The way it rolled off his tongue. I desperately needed to kiss him, but I had to control myself.
"Do you mind if I ask you a question?" I asked him,
"You just did."
"When will I shift?" He thought hard. He then told me,
"You'll probably shift on the exact time you started breathing. You can find your mate on the day of your birthday, but you can't shift until then."
"Come with me to ask my step mum when I might shift?" I begged. "I will give you a chocolate?"
"Come on then!" He dragged me along to where the queen sat.
"Good evening young man, what have you come to say?" My step mother asked my mate.
"My mate has something to say to you." He said as he pushed me towards her throne. She hasn't stood up at all through out the whole party. I loved my step mothers look. She had long blonde curls, perfectly shaped lips and nose, a couple of freckles across her pale face and bright emerald green eyes. She was wearing a long flowing dress, right down to her feet, so you can't see her shoes. Her dress had a couple of diamond embedded into the crimson velvet, perfectly suiting her married name.
"When do you think I will start shifting?"
"Well dear, I think you may start shifting within two hours- around the time you were born. I've been told by your fate he that you were born then" She answered. I nodded and walked away, hand in hand with Liam. I spotted my brother and beckoned us to speak to him.
"Hey big bro!" I have him a big, brother and sister bear hug.
"Hey little sis! Congrats on finding your mate!" He congratulated. He walked over to Liam and whispered something in his ear. I'm pretty sure he said,
"Do anything to hurt her, I will slit your throat and feed you to my pack." I heard my mate gulp and walk over to me, so I was holding his hand again.
"Don't worry about him. He may seem hard like a rock on the outside, but he's fluffy like a bunny on the inside." I told him. He laughed at my comment and told me,
"I'm not worrying about him, he doesn't sound too scary." I sniggered, as I had heard clearly at his frightened gulp. "What?" He asked, noticing I was sniggering.
"Nothing." I lied. Luckily he has hardly known me for a couple of days, that's only in wolf form, so he probably doesn't know my lies, but I won't be able to get away with that so easily in the future. I dragged him inside my huge castle and brought him into my roomy bedroom.
"Nice room." He commented. "I hope nothing dirty happens here."
"Eew, no! This is where I SLEEP and READ." I moaned. I hated him sometimes.
"Umm.." I said in all the silence. Unexpectedly, we embraced a kiss. I felt sparks fly as his lips touched mine. His tongue demanded entrance into my mouth. I teased him for a bit by keeping my mouth closed, but he smoothed the bottom of my foot, knowing I was ticklish and I gasped, and his tongue entered my mouth. It explored everywhere, like it was searching for some treasure that was hidden in plain sight.
After a while we broke and gasped.
"Wow." I muttered.
"Mate, you were so lucky I had control of myself, or you would be on the bed with me ripping up some clothes!" He teased. I was still in awe of what happened. Then I felt pain. I screamed. Liam rushed me downstairs.
"What's happening!" He shouted. I knew. I was shifting. I don't know how, but I think my first kiss with my mate triggered it.
"She's shifting! Everyone get her out of the house!" I heard my brother shout. I felt myself being carried out of the house. I felt a wet nose nuzzle my side. I knew it was Liam, my grey wolf. I then felt myself shifting into a wolf. It was excruciating pain, but it was over after around two minutes. I looked at myself, I was a pure white wolf with dark blue eyes. I had a silver stripe down my back. I looked as good as I thought I would be.
'Like what you see?' I heard a voice say. 'My names Silversnow, I'm your wolf.' It told me. I had finally became a proper shifter. I had a mate, my wolf and everything I could have hoped for. 'You know I can hear everything you think!' Silversnow commented. 'Be quiet! Stop teasing!' I told her. I saw Liam and pranced over to him. 'Ahh, our mate' my wolf said. I jumped up onto two paws and played with him. We ran out across the forest. I could see clearer, my hearing was enhanced, my sense of smell improved and I could do thing I couldn't do before shifting. I couldn't wait for Liam to mark me. Then I can hear what he thinks of the forest.
Me and Silversnow decided to guide Liam towards our den. It was only a few yards away. We ran there and entered. I saw leaves covering the walls, and I could see out to the sea from where I was. Me and my mate sat there, watching the bright yellow fireflies dancing around the waves and the bright stars and full moon. The full moon is even more beautiful when your in wolf form. So bright and amazing. I was in a trance. My mate was laying down, with his head in his grey paws and I rested my head on his back and lay beside him. He growled in pleasure of me resting with him and we fell asleep side by side, gazing at the full moon at its highest.