11.

sorry to leave you guys in a cliffhanger ;)

-

Dan bit his lip, willing himself not to cry until he was alone. He'd just made it to the coffee shop, his body trembling with nerves. He'd wore his signature pink sweater with light skinny jeans, and pink converse to match. He could see Phil inside, wearing his usual all black, tattoos sticking out on his arms. Dan sucked in a cold breath.

He walked in.

A bell chimed as he walked in, hands playing with the hem of his shirt as a nervous habit. He spotted Phil in the corner, who looked his way just a second later. At first, his features were cheery, but they soon clouded with anger when seeing who'd walked into the place.

Phil, being 8 inches taller than him, grabbed him by the collar, and pushed him right outside the door again. It hurt his back being pinned to the wall, the bricks digging into his back through his thin beige sweater. He bit his lip to help hold back tears, and it almost worked.

"What in the fucking world do you think you're doing here?" He asked with venom in his voice, a bit of spit landing on Dan's face as well. It was terrifying, because he'd been told it'd go so much better that this.

"M-my n-name.. is D-Daniel J-J-James Howell."

Phil's eyes were wide as saucers. It was like all his insults he'd been planning to throw were stuck in his throat, and the shock was clear on his ace that he recognized the middle name. He shouldn't have been surprised, but he was, he expected so much more. 

"Oh my god," Phil spoke, his emotions undetectable.

"I t-told you I was ugly, Phil," He spoke, his voice cracking, and the tears he'd tried so desperately to will away had come back in full force. Phil looked so startled by the new information, and Dan obviously took it the wrong way, looking down to his feet as he spoke again.

"It's o-okay, Phil. I'll l-leave," He said, turning his back, as sobs shook his body silently.