seven

Please please please listen to this while reading. -Kell
°
The sound of the door being knocked on blared through my room. I groggily got up and yelled out to the person behind the door.

"One second, I'm not wearing any clothes." I spoke weakly.

I quickly put my hair in a bun and splashed water against my face to wake me up. I brushed my teeth and threw on one of Vic's old t-shirts. The knee high socks I was already wearing seemed to make me a lot warmer.

I opened the door to see Jenna. I didn't expect anyone else, because she was the only person who really came to my room anyway. Of course Woon, Luna, Tierra, and Alexis came sometimes, but not too often. I didn't mind it though. They were my only friends, and I understood that they wanted to do other things sometimes.

"How are you, Hun?" She asked.

"Horrible." I stated bluntly.

She looked at me with sympathy.

"Don't do that." I told her.

"Do what?"

"Don't look at me all sympathetically." I explained.

"I'm sorry, I'm just worried. It's only because I care." Jenna replied.

It was that moment that I realized Jenna didn't treat me like a patient. She treated me like a friend or a family member and I appreciated it greatly.

"It's okay." I muttered.

"Let's  get you some breakfast. You need to eat." She suggested.

I nodded my head, not having the energy to fight it. She opened the door wider and I followed her out and into the cafe. The table I usually sat  at was occupied by a familiar brown-haired boy.

"No. What the fuck?" I said out loud, rage filling up my body.

Vic turned to me with a small smile. He looked a lot more put together than I did. He stood up and took a step towards me but I violently pushed him to the floor.

"I fucking hate you! You're killing me! What is your problem?!" I screamed. His eyes were wide and his mouth was agape.

"Kellin!" Jenna yelled, pulling me away from him.

"No, I can't believe he did this to me! Again!" I cried. "You're a liar and I hate loving you!"

Sobs filled the the room as everyone looked at the scene I caused. I didn't care. I was hurt and I couldn't stand it anymore. I wouldn't let him get away with breaking my heart this time.

"Kellin, just listen, please. I have an explanation, I swear." Vic begged with wide, desperate eyes.

"Oh, fuck off, Vic! There's no excuse for breaking someone's heart to this degree!" I rolled my eyes.

"Mike's dead!" Vic yelled.

I stepped back and looked at him with calmer eyes than before.

"W-what?"

"Yes! He fucking died in a car accident two days after I saw you. I wanted to say something but I couldn't even bring myself out of bed to go to the funeral. This wasn't the way to go about it and I'm really sorry, but I told you I'd never leave. I just needed to be alone. I haven't called anyone since I found out and you're the only person I've talked to besides Jenna. I'm really sorry, Kellin. I didn't mean to push you away again. I promise I'll fix this. Just please give me another chance." He sighed sadly.