Chapter 3

-3-
Tasia in MM
Nell

Booty hopscotch, booty hopscotch

I bumped to the beat with my bottle of water in my hand. It was 11 pm, and the party was basically now getting started.

"Nell, have you seen Kevin yet?" Tasia asked me over the loud music.

I shook my head, shrugging. He probably was with some girl or helping his line brothers out with the party.

I wore a pair of black shorts with a red crop top and some gladiator sandals at the party. My hair was down-tied back in my braids, and my sisters and I looked fine tonight. It was Tasia, Chelle, Monique, and myself. Chelle's boyfriend, Mike, was coming soon, so it would just be the 3 of us. I had never met him before, but I heard the girls say that he was fine as hell.

We stood around for a minute and scoped the scene, seeing who all was cute from the other schools. There were a lot of fine brothers tonight, but they didn't attend our college. Seemed like that always happened.

"Hey Nell," I heard a voice say behind me, and when I turned around, I realized it was Kevin. "I see you took up my invite. You look nice."

He reached out and gave me a side hug.

"Thanks." I smiled politely. "You don't look bad yourself."

Kevin had on a black muscle shirt and a pair of camo pants. Tasia was whispering instructions in my ear while I talked to Kevin. She had me giggling the whole time as she talked about if I didn't do this and that. She was wild.

"You want anything to drink?" Kevin asked charmingly, flashing his pearly whites. They stood out against his beautiful dark skin. "Or your friend back there?"

"Nah, I'm getting drunk off of water tonight." I joked, and he cracked up.

"Ain't nun wrong with that. Gotta stay hydrated," he said.

I smiled, shaking my head. For real, though, his smile was to die for. One of his line brothers then blew the whistle for them to start stepping.

"Ay, I gotta go, but I'll holler at you later. You should text me sometime."

He smiled, holding my hand before he left.

"Maybe," I said, trying to play hard to get.

Tasia was having a fit behind me. The whistle then blew again, and the line was starting to form.

"Bye."

"Later."

His smile made me heat up.

"We're brrrr, ice-cold!" Kevin said as he got into line.

They started stepping and jumping. Another black fraternity, the Ques, then joined them along with the other black frats.

We watched on as the girls were screaming for them. They all looked good, to be honest, and their bodies were chiseled to the T. Tasia kept pointing Kevin out as he did his shoulder rock then he winked at me. He was too much.

As the frats and sororities stepped, the girls and I danced together and took some Snapchat and IG Live videos. Tonight was gonna be good. Just wait on it.

Damon

Mike pulled up to the spot and parked right outside the warehouse.

I, Charles, Mike, and his friend Gio had just left the pregame about 15 minutes away. Got me some Henny, Patron, more Henny, nothing too wrong. Somethin' light.