In Which Frank Regrets his High School Homophobia

You know how we all have those things that we regret? 

Maybe it's that one time when you stole the last cookie from your sister. 

Or maybe it's when you thought that you were good at an instrument and continued to play it, even though you sounded like a dying cat. 

Or maybe it's the band that you devoted the past three years of your life to and have all their posters on your wall and own every single album, including the first one which almost no one has and you write fanfiction about them every single day but then they go out there and pull some major bullshit and get everyone's hopes up just to do some stupid ass demos where the lead vocalist can't even really sing that well without auto-tune but at least you have their lead guitarist who never fails and even though they've caused you all this pain you still love them. 

Or something like that.  

But Frank regrets none of these things. He never stole the last cookie. He never was bad at an instrument. He never trusted bands. Not after... MCP. 

My Crusty Pussaaaaaaaaay.

(Fuck I don't even know what this intro was supposed to be but I ran out of ideas) 

But if there was one thing Frank regretted in life, it was being a total homophobic asshole in high school to the love of his life, Gerard Arthur Way. 

Their high school yearbook may have looked harmless, like any normal one would, but Frank knew the story behind each and every one of those pictures, and living in a small town like theirs, there was more than enough pictures of everyone in the yearbook. Some picture were fine, showing Frank and his football friends goofing around, or maybe the ever-so-rare occasional smile on Gerard's face as he painted the senior mural for that year.

But then, there were the darker ones, the ones Frank would rather forget. The picture of him and his football friends hanging around his locker, when the one right next to him, Gerard's locker, had the words 'fag' and 'burn in hell' written all over it. The other one, where Gerard and Frank were standing next to each other, a smile on both their face, maybe haunted Frank the most. It was taken minutes after Frank had asked Gerard 'on a date'. But little did Gee know that the date would actually end up in him tied up in a ditch on the side of the road, Frank and his friends all catcalling down at the long-haired man. 

Frank groaned, slamming the book shut and pushing it off his desk. 

"Daddy?" A tentative voice called from outside his office. "Can I come in, please?" 

"Of course, baby." Frank's voice trembled with guilt. Of course Gerard had forgiven him long ago, but Frank couldn't help but still feel the weight of his action for years on his shoulders. It had taken almost a decade for Gerard to forgive him, and at least five more years for Gerard to start wearing dresses again. For 15 years, until his was 30 years old, Gerard refused to wear almost anything other than sweatpants and a lose shirt, nothing else covering him up as much as he desired. It was only after Frank married him he became comfortable in himself again.

"What's wrong?" Gerard asked, walking into the room, knowing the instant he saw Frank's expression that something was bothering the shorter man. 

"Nothing, baby." Frank shook his head, pulling Gerard onto his lap and bouncing him softly. "Need anything?" 

"Just for daddy to know how much I love him." Gee grinned. "Because I love him more than anything else in the world!"  

Frank grinned, placing a gentle kiss on Gerard's cheek. That was all he needed.

This was requested by mcrismyfreard2. Thanks so much for the request! Requests open as always, and I'm sorry if I haven't responded to messages lately, but my Wattpad has been kinda freaking out. Thanks for reading! Requests open as always, and I'll talk to you soon, my anal-sexers.