Tbge 2

I'm just as startled as her not only because I could of killed us but because it would of been because I was staring at her. No, I wasn't just staring that wasn't enough. I was admiring her. "Thank God no one was behind us." She says turning the music down then relaxing in her seat. "Turn on 24 and Vine." She tells me when the light turns green. I clear my throat before talking to make sure I still could, "What side is it on?" I ask lowly. "How the hell would I know? Look for it." She says rolling her eyes. I keep my mouth closed and look for the street. I find it shortly then turn down it. "Where are we going?" I lick my dry lips then glance over at Rose. Her eyes sparkle with a thoughtful look on her face before she zones back in and meets my eyes. "Just keep driving." She says looking back to the road.

It's a long dirt road with trees and open fields of tall grass on the siding of it. This would be the road you would avoid going to at night. "Park up here." She tells me pointing to the side of the road. I do as told with a confused look. "Were going to walk to a house, it's just up the road then we're coming right back." She tells me looking into my eyes seriously, the tone of her voice made me get a bad feeling about what is about to happen. "For what?" I ask chewing on my bottom lip. Her eyes drop to my mouth for a moment before looking back up to me. "I have to get something. C'mon." She says opening her door. "D-do I have to go?" I ask nervously. I didn't want to upset her but I didn't want to put myself in a bad situation. "Yes. Now come on." She orders. I reluctantly turn the car off and get out with her.

I fiddle with my key chain as I slowly start to walk, Rose is ahead of me but looks back then turns around and watches me as I walk to her, she starts to walk towards me then stops when we reach eachother. I'm frozen when she steps to me more so we are chest to chest.

"I'd never let anything happen to you." She says carefully as her fingers creep around my hips. I can't say a word. Her scent wraps around me and I all I can see are her eyes. If you look closely, past the brick wall built in them, you could see they held deep, dark demons. My vision blurs some when she leans her head more, I don't close my eyes even though I wanted to. I couldn't. Rose eyes stay open too and locked in mine. I felt like she could see right threw me, I was defenseless against her. "You got that?" She whispers. Electricity bursts threw my lips as her soft ones brush against them. I open my mouth some, I feel our lips touch again, but words fail to come out. I could hardly think straight with her this close. I feel her smirk before she backs away and drops her hands from me. It's warm outside but I still feel the cold hit me like a ton of bricks with the sudden absence of her warmth. "Now, lets go." She says nodding her head up the road. My feet seem to understand her and I begin to walk with her with my head clouded with thoughts. Was it bad that I liked what just happened? Was it bad I wanted her to touch me again? What if I kissed her? Woah. I blink myself out of my head. Those were crazy thoughts, I'm just a mess today, that's all. I will quickly do this for Rose then I'm getting the heck away from her, it's her that's making me strange.

"Here it is." Rose gets my attention to an abandoned looking house. "Someone lives here?" I can't help but ask. The house was very old and run down. "Yeah. Pigs." She laughs to herself as we approach the house. All the windows are boarded up and the once white house was now turning a moldy green with chipping paint. The old wooden steps creek as we walk up them, I'm surprised they didn't break. Rose bangs on the door loudly then steps back, she stands infront of me. The door opens and I'm hit with the stench of cigarettes and something else, but thankfully Roses perfume covers most of it up from me.

"Rose! I didn't know you was stopping by." A man's voice speaks in a shakey tone. "Yeah, well, surprise motherfucker." Rose says in a hard tone with no humor. She pushes the man so she can get into the house. "C'mon." She says not looking back at me. I slowly shuffle into the house until I'm close behind Rose. "Who's ya friend?" The man comes into sight. He's dark and very skinny, his eyes are big and yellow. I get the creeps from this guy and place. How could Rose come here? "Nobody, mind your fucking business." Rose snaps shoving him forward. My eyes snap down to my right hand when Rose takes ahold of it tightly. I wrap my fingers around hers without hesitation. She leads us forward and voices come into earshot. The skinny man turns into a doorway and Rose pulls me threw with her. The voices go silent like the class does when Rose enters. "Rose. What are you doing here?" A man stands from an old couch. "What do you think?" Rose challenges him. The tall dark mans eyes fall to me. He was creepier than the other guy because he was much bigger.

"You got my shit?" Rose gets his eyes back on her. "Who's the little girl?" He takes a puff of a cigar. "Your fucking mom. Now where's my money?" Rose's voice is strained and her hand tightens around mine. "Damn girl, why so hostile?" The man ashes on the floor and steps forward. I look at the few people on the dirty couch. A women and two other men lay sprawled out, they looked unconsious but the way their lips twitched and eyes would flutter it made me assume they were on something. "Because you're poor." Rose answers him in a 'duh' tone. "Now give me my money." She says stepping forward but doesn't let go of my hand. "I don't have it." The man shurgs, crossing his arms. "You don't have it." Rose grits out and he nods his head. "We gonna get it though Rose, promise." The scrawny man steps beside the bigger guy. "You fuckers said that last week. You're three weeks late now." Rose says ending with a sigh. "We don't have it. I can't do anything about it." The big guy says with narrowed eyes. "Yeah, I get that. You don't have it." Rose shrugs. The scrawny man relaxes at her words."Sometimes people do and don't have things. Like these people don't have lifes," She gestures to the unconscious people on the sofa. "You guys don't have good clothes or house." She points the two men. I have to bite my lip to stiffle my giggle. "And I don't have any more patience." Her voice drops and thick tension settles in the room. "We need more time." The big guy says. "I want my money." She tells him."You'll get it!" He snaps at her. "Oh I know I will." Rose says before dropping my hand then lunging at the man. I back up to the wall and my hand covers my mouth in horror as Rose starts to fight the man. I wimper when he serves a blow to her stomach but Rose doesn't flinch, she just throws more punches to the mans face. I know I should step in but what could I do? I feel my pockets for my phone, I left it in the car. A bone chilling crack and pop echoes threw the room before the man drops to the ground, holding his jaw. He yells but doesn't and can't speak, Rose broke his jaw. My hands drops in shock and all I can do is stare at him. I know I don't like him at all but I actually feel sorry for him as he begins to cry. "Get me my fucking money." Rose growls down at him before turning around. She doesn't meet my eyes as she grabs my wrist and pulls me out of the house.

I'm glad to breathe fresh air. She drops my wrist once we're a few feet from the house. Rose's shoulders are stiff and squared, when I catch up to walk beside her I see the creases and glare made out of stone on her face. "Rose." I whisper. She stops and turns to me. "What was that back there?" I ask dropping my eyes from hers. "Just some business.. Listen," She gets my attention so our eyes match. "Don't be scared of me now." She says seriously. "I was always afraid of you." I squeek out. Her face softens and the corner of her lip tugs up. "You have nothing to worry about. I wouldn't hurt you," she says stepping closer then leans into me. "I'd only punish you in bed." She whispers close to my ear before pulling back and smirking at me then continuing to walk to the car.

My lips part as a breathless sigh passes threw them. Not only was my foggy mind a problem but now I needed a change of underwear.