Mommy and Me.......

Caroline's POV:

I missed you too mom, sooo much." I whispered back as we hugged. I did not want to pull back. The Priests at the temple would sometimes come up to me and talk. They would give me “gyan” or knowledge on life and love. I remembered one now. “There is no place as beautiful s the heaven in your mother's arms and no pray as powerful as her blessing.”

I understood those words clearly now. My heaven was her and my blessing were the answers to my prayers. We hugged for a long time. But I loved this feeling. After years I had found unconditional love. Love this unconditional had had been a dream for me till a year back. I held it in my heart now.

When we pulled back, we both were crying. Dad always called us watering cans, but these were happy tears, tears that celebrated our joy of this wonderful reunion. 

Gran ran into me as she pulled me into a tight hug. I loved her sandalwood scent. It was as if in her body. Just like Ma's. But I loved Mom's more. It was like home. Gran and I hugged for a long time too. She kept blessing me, "May you live a long life, may you always be happy, may you find peace and joy. My girl may you always find success in all your endeavors. May you forever be blessed with love luck and laughter. May..."

I was pulled out of her hug and enveloped by my Grandfather. "Oh my little princess, how are you girl?" He boomed as he kissed the top of my head. He pulled back and looked at me; he really looked, as if reading my face. "What has happened Caro?" He asked quietly.

Later" I mouthed and he understood. He handed me over to my Gran saying, "Take her in, poor girl needs to be fed. She is looking like a stick. "He laughed as I pouted.

Granny took me inside. God this place is HUGE. It was totally traditional inside.

We entered an open area with the holy basil in the centre. They prayed to it. Then towards the right, where Gran first led me was a huge temple. It too was of marble. The temple was home to many Gods.

"Bow Caro, take their blessing, you have come to your mother's house for the first time. Ask them to bless you." I smiled and obeyed. I knelt in front of the temple and put my head to the floor. Mom had taught me how. I remembered another piece of knowledge bestowed by my friend, the priest. "To bow down is to lay your all in front of God. Only when you pray without ego, can you attain nirvana. When you bow your head, you lay your ego in front of the Gods. Now, you are ready to learn the path of Nirvana."

I smiled at that thought and bowed, I prayed to the Gods to give my ma strength and my dad brains. I wanted my family back. I wanted love again. The love that was my home a few months back. But this time, I wanted it for real and forever.

As I got up, Gran led me inside. An old man sat there on his couch, smoking a pipe and looking regal. I stood there in front of him, suddenly scared. He is Mom's Grandfather, I realized that. But Dad's horrible words came back to me as I realized that he might hate me. I am the daughter of the man who not only destroyed him but also harmed and disgraced his Granddaughter.

I waited quietly, heart hammering in my ribs, “Please God, please”, I prayed, “Please I don't want him to kick me out. Please, I want to be with my mom”. My palms were sweaty and I was shivering in fright. He stared at me for a long time first at me and then into my eyes. His glare pierced my very soul. What if he did not like me? I was close to panic now. I couldn't look him in the eyes so I looked at my feet. Shuffling them like a guilty child.