Chapter 2

• Dedicated to The guy i like <333

Falling in Like

CHAPTER 2

Later that day,  I was on my way to my Biology class when i heard a sound in the background. All of the sudden i turn around like an instinct, and there i saw him walking. He was walking straight towards me with a smile on his face. It was not dashing but it was full of life. That was what i enjoyed most about it. It was like it showed all his emotions at once. His dark brown hair was tussled and yet organized. It did not hang down to his face at all and was a little spiked upwards. His face was gleaming and bright. I was starstruck. I stood there motionless, causing traffic in the middle of the hallway. My bones did not allow me to move. It made me stand still motionless. He came up to me slowly with his steps. They were so graceful unlike how clutzy mine were.

He stood right there beside me close enough to touch and smiled down. I felt so giddy on the inside but i managed to show nothing on the outside. I poked him right as he got closer and he smiled. It was our way of communicating with each other. He smiled down at me and took me in with his arms. I hugged him as well. I could feel his arms wrap around my stomach as mine wrapped around his waist as well. We hugged for a slight second and i felt my stomach whirling around in circles. I smiled sweetly back and left to walk into the classroom still startstruck by his presence, as he walked in the other direction to get to his class.

----------------------------

 "Kimmy! How can i possibly like him!"  I was screaming on the top of my lungs as we were walking to the cafeteria.

"Annie, girl you really have to calm yourself down." 

I smiled, knowing that she was teasing me. We walked to our table with all of our friends and sat down. "C'mon I mean he isn't even attractive. This is such a stupid guy to have a crush over. It may even be worse than having a crush on the captain of the football team! AHHH! I hate myself! I thought i was going to be a nun when i grow up! Grrr! I mean c'mon he has no....swaggerrr."

She laughed loudly knowing that i was joking. I thought that the whole school might have heard her laughter. It was way too loud and yet way too adorable. Then she smiled right back at me. That smile... It was a mischievious "I have a plan" smile. 

Kimmy was a sweet and petite girl. She had dark skin and hair always pulled back in a pony tail. She was smooth, sly, as well as fun to be around. She had a nice face and she always had a smile on it. Kimmy was a very courageous person and had a heart filled with gold. She was the nicest girl ever, but she always tried to act very tough. She was my best friend, ever since i transferred back to this school. She was sitting in the corner when i first met her. She was quiet and nice. I thought that she would be so that way. However, i was wrong, VERY WRONG. She reminded me of myself. She was crazy and enjoyed laughing about nothing. From then on, we vowed that we would be like sisters. We always hung out together and she knew everything about me and me about her.

I shook my head thinking that this was crazy. We went to get our lunch together afterwards, still with Kimmy's plan yet to be unfolded.

------------------------------------

I couldn't sleep that night. My head was spinning round and round. I couldn't seem to get this one guy out of my mind. Whenever i had a crush, i used to be able to get over him easily. Mike, however, was like a fly on my windshield. He was stuck there not wanting to move around. My mind was going insane. I had to do something, just something. So, i went to my guy friend for help. He was the person that i could have trusted with all my hopes and dreams. I often teased him about being "gay" but he always came through for me. His name was Adam. 

Adam was a tall, nice guy. He had the brightest smile (which i always pick on him about) and was the nicest guy friend i could ever ask for. He was not built but he was buff. He was an average child with a not so average height. He had dark skin and nice fluffy hair. He always knew the right words to say and was my  "wise owl."

I called Adam for help with the situation right away, asking for him to do me a favor. He had simply agreed to and i explained to him my dilemna. He was very serene and listened to every detail until there was no more to say. He was thinking. I felt it. It was a deep silence between us on the line. Then he paused a bit more and sighed. He then stated,

"Annie, why are you going through so much trouble?"

I tried to hide my laughter thinking about vulgar ideas. I was not able to control myself and let out a chuckle.

He replied saying, "Maybe you should try and flirt with him on the days in which you have something to celebrate about. I know you care about other things more than guys right now, so maybe that it would be the best."

I sighed, knowing that he was right. I was carrying a borderline grade. I needed an A in all of my classes so badly. I wanted to get the scholarships and maybe become valedvictorian but it seemed to be impossible.

I am not a nerd. I refuse to be call that. I am a person who has the ability to understand my surroundings. I was often criticized when i was younger for it, but now, i am a proud soul to own it.  Ever since i had began high school, i felt as though i was able to fit in quite well despite the criticism coming from others from the lack of wearing makeup and the "nerdy" behavior. I was a short person about 5 feet 1 inch and had thick dark brown hair that had a medium length. I was not too fat nor was i too skinny. I am an average child but so is everyone else. I had brown glasses in which i donned on my face all the time. I was like a blind cat. I could not see a thing with them off. My face was a natural tan color that often changed colors whenever i felt an emotion. I feel so transparent whenever i look at myself in the mirror. Since i was a young child, i had to go through a serious case of acne. It had left scars all over my face in which had stayed with me forever. I call these my "battle scars." I am quite proud of them and who i have to come to be with the experience of having these scars. I always stated to myself that if a guy loved me, he would love my scars and i continue to stand by it.

"I guess," I replied sulking. 

With the reasurrance from Adam, i fell asleep. I had thought that it would be a sound night, but it wasn't. Mike made my heart race and emotions flood out of my body. I woke up the next morning sweating, knowing that the only thing i had thought about all night was Mike. I cursed at myself for my stupidity for falling for this guy. How could i have let myself do this?

Note from the Author:

Hey! I just thought i would upload this one. It is a bit longer than the last one! I hope you guys enjoy it and tell me if i should continue! :) Thank you! Love always <3