Chapter 3- The Night Out

The Runaway Bride

The Runaway Bride

Chapter 3- The Night Out

"Ellie you should come! It's better than sitting around watching Netflix for the rest of the night." Jenna argues, resting her hands on her hips as she frowns over to me lying in bed with my laptop.

For the past hour or so Jenna has been trying to convince me to go out with her. In all honesty though I was mentally drained from this week to do anything at the moment. I also, still, had to go into the office tomorrow for a couple of hours to finish up some paper work. At least I did not have to be in too early, I could sleep in. However, that did not mean I want to spend my hours that I could be catching up on my sleep hitting up a night club instead.

"But it has been such a long day at work." I whine, slouching further downward on my bed, "You have no idea how many times I had to take a cab back and forth to Brooklyn and walk two extra miles each time in heels to get the right freaking papers signed." I sigh, shaking my head as I scroll through Netflix.

"Then put on some nice sandals and some printed shorts. You are going to have a nice evening." She argues, grabbing my laptop from me, "Up you go. Come on." Closing my laptop she places it across the room, waving her hand for me to get ready.

I continued to lay on my bed as I contemplated on going. I just was not feeling it tonight. Usually I am all up and for going out Friday night, but work has kept me so busy and I have become exhausted by the end of each day.

With Jenna already going through my drawers, and showing me things I could wear, I let out a heavy sigh and got out of bed. I am only young once. I may as well get out while I can. "I know what I can wear." I mutter to her pulling the shorts and shirt straight out of my wardrobe. It was my new favorite printed shorts. They were white canvas, with enlarged green palm leaves printed on them. They went great with the olive, chiffon tank top with some golden accessories, and strappy sandals.

Since my blond hair was in waves, losing its curls already from this morning, I just pinned a few of the front pieces to the back, keeping the simple makeup I had not taken off from this morning. I loved the outfit, even if it did not fit the night club dress theme of short, short dresses, skirts, or shorts. Leather pants are not in style anymore.

"Ok, I'm ready." I announce to Jenna as I stood before her in the living room where she waited.

"Fabulous!" She sang in a weird voice, "Taylor and maybe Chloe are going to meet us there." Two other girl's from our office. I had spoken to Taylor on occasion but never Chloe, but they are just as close as Jenna and I are.

"Where exactly?" I ask, letting out a little yawn. I looked at the time on my phone reading half past ten.

"Velvet List." Jenna smirks, grabbing her bag from the table and collecting her keys to the apartment. "And you need a coffee. Don't worry, there's a Starbucks right across the street of the club." She tells me, push me out the front door.