Kidnapped

~Estelle’s POV~

I got out of the shower, put on a towel, and walked to my room to get ready for bed. I brushed out my long blond hair, and changed into my pajama’s. A pair of light yellow shorts with a Black tank top. I go to look at my face. At my millions and millions of freckles. Most people think I look good with them, but they annoy me, because it automatically demotes me from girl friend material, to best friend material. I move from my freckles to my eyes. I, personally, love my eyes. They make me unique. I mean, there are tons of girls out there with freckles and blond hair, but I have yet to meet someone who has ever come across someone with my gold eyes. Then, there is my height. An incredible 5’1”. Yep. Short. Very, very short. I hate it. I am always looking up to people. Even to people who are 5 years younger than me. You see, I’m 17. And I have to look up to some 12 year olds. It sucks. I am pulled out of my musings by my stomach. I’m starving. Haha, oops. See, another thing about me. I’m very absentminded.

I walk over to the kitchen, and look into the fridge to see what I have.

“Apples, meat, eggs, broccoli, pudding….”

Softly, I started singing the song that was stuck in my head. Every Breath you Take. I settled on some of the carrots that are there. I took out the bag, a knife, a cutting board, and started cutting them up.

Every single day, every word you say, every game you play, every night you stay, I’ll be watching you.”

I finished cutting the carrots and turned around to lean on the counter while I ate them. I looked out the window and smiled at the moon. It was just so big tonight. I’m not going to lie, it sort of added to the ambiance of  being home alone in the middle of the night. You see, my parents are away on vacation so, being the amazingly responsible 17 year old I am, my parents left me here all alone, for 2 weeks. *Face palm*

This would be great, however, I live in the middle of the woods. Not so great. I don’t have school, seeing as it’s Christmas Vacation. Or, as some people call it, “Winter Break”. Bleck. Christmas is my favourite holiday so I stubbornly am sticking to calling it Christmas Break, seeing as it’s a break, for Christmas.

I put the cutting board away, and sat on the couch to watch my favourite show, Rainbow Bright. I know, I know, childish, but hey. It’s a great show. After it ended, I turned off the TV, and climbed into my warm bed. I thought about today, and how, every once in a while, I got the feeling that someone had been watching me. This gave me a small thrill of excitement despite myself. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep with images of a masked figure in my subconscious. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a grimace. I am definitely not a morning person. Never have been, never will be. What helps me wake up, though, is music. I climbed out of bed and walked over to my glossy black 5 CD stereo, and pressed random. I walked over to my mirror and smiled, because my favourite song started to play; Grace, by Jeff Buckley. I softly began to sing along with the lyrics as I brushed my hair out. Then, I walked into my en suite, black bathroom. Before you ask, no, I’m not goth. My favourite colour is red, and what goes great with red ? Black. So, my room is bright red with black accents, and my bathroom is black with bright red accents. It  looks wicked. Also, before you ask again, yes, my parents are rich. My mom is lawyer, and my father is the manager of a big corporate company. 

I had my shower and put my hair up in a bun, braiding my bangs to the side. I got dressed in a pair of gray sweat pants and simple yellow racer back tank. I turned off my stereo, which by now was playing Creator by Santigold. I walked out to the living room and put on my yoga disc, grabbed my yoga mat and ball, my iPod, and got to it. Half way through though, I got the feeling that someone was watching me again and shivered. I ignored it and cranked my iPod.

I didn’t see it coming. I really didn’t. First thing I know is that I’m just exercising, like any other day. Next thing I know, Someone grabs me behind with a gentle but firm grasp and puts a cloth over my mouth and nose. I try to scream, but I feel my consciousness slowly slipping away, before I blacked out, all to the tune of ABC, by Jackson 5. Yea. Life’s funny that way.