Saving The City

They nearly flew down the sewer tunnels.

Mikey held April, Raph got Vern, and Donnie had Emily, as the boys used their shells to go as fast as possible. "Please keep your arms and legs inside the shell at all times," Mikey joked.

"Satellite imagery shows Shredder's reached the top of Sacks Tower." Donnie informed everyone.

"If that's where he's releasing the toxin from..."

"It'll spread all over the city," Emily said.

"We need to..."

"Break a left!" Donnie and everyone screamed as they transferred from one pipe to another. They used the tunnels and got to the tower in record time. Then, they broke into the place.

"Alright, listen up," Leo said, once they were in. "We gotta find the elevators and get up to the roof. You guys get out of here," He told the humans. "Get to a safe distance.

"No, no, we can go find Sacks," Emily stated. "Get our hands on the mutagen as a contingency plan, just in case... You know."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence," Raph told her.

"Sacks laboratory is on the 36th floor," Donnie said. "I've already disabled the security system. Oh... and uh. Good luck."

"If I don't return," Mikey turned to April. "Remember me, April. You can always find me in here." Raph grabbed him as Emily grabbed April.

"Ignore him," Emily said as they started moving. But, she did stop for a moment, and looked back at them one last time. "Stay safe." She whispered.

They got to the room and saw Sacks in there. Emily motioned for them to stay behind her as they got closer. When they entered the room, he noticed them and had to duck or eat bullets.

"Seriously?, You two?, You're adorable, really!. I could pinch your cheeks!" Vern peeked out, only to duck again, when Sacks fired.

"I understand. A girl with dead parents, I know. But you're not going to stop me." Vern nodded his head towards the abort button on the wall. Emily nodded in return.

"This history. It's a pity. Your father walked in on me, April, just like you did. Took a few less bullets to take down though." April's eyes smoldered at the revelation.

"You killed my father."

"O'Neil!" Sacks whirled to face Vern. April shot out from behind the desk, pressing her whole body into the button. Before Sacks could train the gun on her, Emily leapt out. Her kick connected with Sack's jaw, sending him flying. He slumped against the desk, that they had been hiding behind, out cold.

Running over to the table, Emily quickly diverted the mutagen into two separate canisters. She grabbed the case, sticking a canister in it. After closing and locking the lid, picking the crate up. She handed it to April.

"You take this to Splinter. Save his life." April nodded.

"What about the other one?"

"I'm going to use it to distract Shredder." April's eyes widened, but she knew better than to argue. Embracing Emily, she stayed there for a moment before running out of the lab. Emily took a deep breath to steel her nerves before running out as well. 'Just hold on guys. I'm coming.'

Emily hauled herself up onto the rooftop. Panting, she growled at the sight of Shredder punching Leo. Lifting her arm up, she screamed at the top of her lungs. "SHREDDER!"

The armored ninja whirled to face her. Behind his mask, his eyes widened, when her saw her holding a canister. "This is all that's left." Emily began to back up.

"Little girl." he jumped towards her. She just continued backwards. "That... belongs to me." Emily gasped, when the spire started to fall. Taking advantage of her distraction, Shredder charged.

He tackled her, sending both over the edge. Emily screamed as she fell, involuntarily releasing the canister of mutagen. She grabbed one of the dishes on the metal scaffolding as the tip of the spire crashed into a building below. Gasping, she hauled her chest over the metal, resting on it. Sticking the canister on his belt, Shredder dropped down. He sliced at the dish that Emily was holding onto. She dropped, barely avoiding the blade.

"Emily!" She looked up to see the turtles flip down onto the metal structure.

"No!, It can't hold all of us!" Her words were unheeded as they flipped down onto the spire. Looking up, Emily's eyes widened moments, before Shredder fully cut through the dish, sending her plummeting below.

"Mother!" Raph jumped off the scaffolding, his brothers right behind. He grabbed her hand, Leo grabbing his foot and Don's hand, Don grabbing Mikey's foot, and Mikey holding onto the metal. Emily screamed again, flinging her other hand up to grab Raph's. "I got ya. I'm not going to let you fall."

Shredder threw another blade at the turtles, but Mikey deflected it with a nunchaku. It lodged in his armor. Emily looked up at Raph. "Swing me towards him!"

"Do it!" Leo yelled. Raph searched the young woman's eyes for a moment before grunting as he began to move his arm. He noticed Shredder pull out the blade.

"Leo!" Leo threw one of his katana, jamming into the opposite shoulder, the armored ninja's blade had been in. Raph continued to swing Emily. Using her own body weight, the girl finished the arc, slamming her foot into Shredder's helmet. He lost his grip, falling to the asphalt below. Mikey smiled softly to himself.

"That's my mother" Emily grunted as Raph pulled her up. he stabilized himself against the spire, allowing Emily to rest against him. She sighed in relief.

"Well... that was exciting." He chuckled at her. Before he could say anything, the spire began creaking...

Just before it fell.

Raph shifted his stance, keeping Emily in between his carapace and the spire. Don looked up. "I think this is it guys!" Leo gulped.

"Does anyone have anything to say?" Emily licked her lips nervously. "Donnie?"

"I'm the one that licks the icing off the Pop-Tarts, every morning and then puts them back in the box!" Had it not been for the dire situation they were in, Emily would have laughed.

"I so, did not understand the ending of Lost!"

"Raph?" Emily looked down at the turtle, she was currently behind.

"Uh... I just uh... ah... if this is our last moment together... I just want you guys to know, I'm sorry!. I'm sorry, I was so hard on you!, Every time I pushed you... I threatened you... I yelled at you... I pushed you beyond your limits... it's because I believe in you!"

"Raphie..."

"I believe in each one of you!, I believe in your spirit and your intelligence and your potential!" Emily gripped Raph's shell. "And every time I talked about walking away... it was because I was scared!, I just didn't think I was good enough to stand next to you, and call you brothers!. And say to you... I love you!" Emily bit her lip, trying to keep the tears in.

"I love you guys, so much!" Emily gripped Raph's shell, steeling her nerves.

"I love Splinter!"

"WHAT!" Everyone yelled.

Everything stopped.

Emily looked up, coughing as the dust settled. The boys were standing... alive. They were supporting the spire on their backs. She laughed.

"We're alright. We're alive!. Haha!" She flung her arms around Raph's neck as he and his brothers threw the spire off them. "Let's go before anyone finds us."