Daryl Dixon's Sister (The Walking Dead)

"Daryl!" I shouted as I stepped through the plants. "Daryl! I got another squirrel!"

As I approached the edge of the woods and near camp, I heard yelling.

What the..

I started up the hill to the campervan, seeing Shane holding an uneven-breathing Daryl in a headlock.

"Whoa! Whoa! What in tarnation is goin' on here?" I shouted as I approached them.

"Uh, let me explain-" a man in a white and slightly blood-stained shirt turned to me.

"And who the hell are you?" I demanded, resting my bow at my side, fixing my quiver on my shoulder.

"I'm Rick, and you?" He asked. Huh. Polite, but that don't get you far 'round here.

"Samirah, I heard Merle's name. What happened with Merle?" I demanded, stepping forward and fixing a death glare on Shane. "And get your hands off my brother, asshole."

Reluctantly, Shane stood and let go of Daryl, throwing him to the ground.

Keeping my glare held on Shane, I walked over to Daryl and helped him up, dusting the dirt and crap off his back.

"I'm fine, I'm fine- get away from me, woman.." he muttered, stepping away from me.

I rolled my eyes, turning towards Shane. "Where's Merle?"

"Sam-"

"Where's my brother, dammit!" I stomped my foot. "Where the hell is Merle?!"

"The sheriff here handcuffed him to a friggin' roof in Atlanta- and left him there." I heard Daryl's voice say.

I whipped around to him, then to Shane, then the man in the white shirt.

"You- it was you, wasn't it you son of a bitch!"

I pulled out my knife and lunged toward him, only to be pulled back by someone.

"Sam- stop." I heard Shane's voice say softly.

I elbowed him in the ribs, then pulled my arm back to scrape his side with my knife.

He yelped out in pain, but recovered quickly and tackled me to the ground.

"Samirah- calm down."

He had one hand on my shoulder and one grasping my arm as I held the knife against his neck and he had his knees on the side of either my hips, squeezing them against my sides and sitting on my knees.

"Please." he gently pulled my arm away from his neck.

Suddenly we heard someone clear their throat and he looked up to see Daryl.

"Get off my sister. Now." he demanded, pointing his crossbow at Shane.

Making a face I mimicked him, "Yeah- get off his sister." I growled, and Shane stood and brushed himself off.

I stood and began to comprehend what had happened. New guy left my brother stranded on a rooftop. Soon I felt myself taking uneven breaths, then panting.

"How- how could you just leave him there?!" I turned, screaming at- Rick.

"I'm sorry-" he started, but I cut him off.

"How could you?!" I screamed again. "Sure he's an ass, but he's my brother!"

I ran a hand through my hair. Panting, taking huge deep breaths as I felt my eyes stinging with tears.

"Sami-" I heard Lori start, but I didn't let her finish.

"Just- just leave me alone. I need to be alone for a while."

I started walking, then ended up running towards the woods.

I ignored Daryl's shouts behind me and kept running until I reached a clearing, where there was a tree stump which I sat on.

"M-M-Merle.." I murmured and found myself sobbing into my hand.

I finally picked my head up, running my hand through my hair and hiccuping, rubbing my eyes.

I just rested my face in my hands, hiccuping now and then when I heard a crunch.

I immediately jumped up, knife in hand, only to be greeted by Daryl.
I nodded to him. "H-hey." I failed at an attempt to make casual conversation as my voice cracked.

"Hey. Listen- I know you're upset, I am too- hell, Shane had to get me in a headlock." he said, shaking his head. "But we made a plan, we're gonna go back up to Atlanta and grab him. T-Dog said that he padlocked the door to the roof, so he should be okay..hopefully."

I took a few shaky breaths and sat down before nodding and wiping my hand through my face. "Yeah, yeah okay. When are we leaving?"

"Soon." Daryl replied as he started to turn. "Come on."

I stood on shaky legs and followed Daryl, tightening my grip on my bow when ever I heard a noise farther away.

We walked down through the woods when it was then I realized how far I'd run- far.

We went back up to where the campervan was, where I asked Andrea for a hair tie.

"Here," she said, talking one out of her blonde hair. "My neck was getting cold anyway."

I thanked her and put my hair up in a messy bun.

I followed Daryl into a big truck- a delivery one, where we paced around the back.

"Come on.." I muttered just as my brother walked up to the front and reached his leg in between the seats and pressing his foot against the horn.
"Come on! Let's go!"

Finally, Rick got in the front seat and looked back at me. "You sure you wanna come?"

I glared at him. "You really wanna argue with me, now, boy?"

He shook his head and looked forward.

Didn't think so, I thought, just as we started off.