7. Heaven- Moaning Myrtle

Dear Harry~

I'm to teach you about heaven in this letter. This is my story.

Where do you go after you die? Truthfully, I never knew.

Despite dying 50 years ago, I've never known what happens after you die. I've been asked, oh yes. everyone thinks that I should know. Everyone assumes that I do know. But I chose an imitation of life, instead of death, and I will never know what it is to die.

It was love that brought me back, love and hatred. Love, for the boy they said was impossible to love. Hate, for the very same boy.

I was the school nobody during my time at Hogwarts. Not pretty, not smart, not thin, never a great witch. I couldn't do anything right.

But Tom could. He was poor like I was, but that's where our similarities ended. Tom was handsome, smart, tall, and an excellent wizard. Like I say, two different worlds. But from my very first day at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,  was drawn to Tom Riddle.

It didn't mean anything at first. I figured that Tom would never love a girl like me. He wasn't really one for love anyways. But that all changed in fifth year.

Tom would catch me staring at him and he'd smile that humorless smile.Then I'd smile back and be on my way. It would have stayed that way, but for one day. I was in the bathroom alone. Right before I could open the stall, someone walked in. Watching through the crack in the stall door, I could see who it was. It was Tom.

I watched him confidently approach the sink directly in front of me and start speaking a funny language. Before I could confront him, the sink started to move slowly into the ground!

After a moment, Tom spoke in the strange tongue again. I heard slithering and finally decided to confront Tom.

I quietly opened the stall door. Standing behind Tom, I tried to focus on what I had to say.

"What are you doing?" I asked, confidently as I could. Without showing surprise, Tom turned around.

"What are you doing here?" He asked emotionlessly.

"This is a girl's bathroom." I informed him. "I'm a girl."

"That's true. But you need to leave, now."

"Why? What are you doing, Tom?" I suddenly realized I'd let him know that I knew his name. A blush crept to my cheeks, and Tom noticed.

"No reason to be ashamed for knowing my name." he told me, meanwhile causing the sink to rise back up. "I know yours. You're Myrtle. You're a fifth year in Hufflepuff."

My cheeks blushed even more furiously, but Tom remained as pale as ever. 

"I...I'm going to tell Professor Dippet that you were in here." I said shakily. "And making the sinks move."

"You needn't do that." said Tom softly. He approached me, his face still without expression. Slowly, his lips found mine. It was only a few seconds before we broke apart. 

"I know you wanted that, Myrtle." Tom said, just as softly as his kiss. "I know. And I will give it to you, so long as no one knows. About everything that went on in here."

"I...I..." I couldn't speak. Tom had just kissed me! I'd wanted it for years, but now it seemed as though it was only a bribe. Tom seemed to read my thoughts.

"I'm not bribing you, Myrtle." He kissed me again, and this time I kissed him back. 

"Wait outside the Slytherin common room tonight around eleven. I'll come out for you." He left the bathroom, and I made up my mind. I would go where he said. As long as I was with Tom, it didn't matter where I went.

I went to the entrance to the common rooms at five to eleven. I waited barely a moment before Tom came out. Without a word, he swept me off my feet and carried me inside. He gently laid me down on one of the sofas, and lay next to me. We spent the entire night in one another's arms, barely speaking.

The next morning, Tom told me to come back to 'our' bathroom at the same time as before. When I got there, Tom was waiting.

"This isn't going to continue, Myrtle. I gave you one special night, a night you'll never forget. Now it is time for you to go."

Without another word, Tom stepped to the side, revealing the very same hole where the sink should have been. 

I backed into the bathroom stall, but it was too late. The serpent's eyes had caught mine, and I was gone.

Harry, heaven can be wherever you want it to be – in the shelter of another’s arms, in the company of friends. Remember to make sure that they are the right people to be with.

~Myrtle

***

So sorry this took so long!!! But this one-shot extra long, so I figure I'm making up for it!!

Read, Comment, Vote! Thanks sooo much!!!!!