BAEKTAO

Thanks for the request~ I hope you like it! 

P.S. This was an idea I've had in my head for a while ^^

---------------------------------------

It started off as harmless flirting. 

"Hey hyung, you look good today." Tao would narrow his already sharp eyes and smirk, casually lifting the corner of his lips up just the tiniest bit. Next to him, Sehun rolled his eyes and went back to studying. 

Baekhyun would smirk back and look over Tao up and down, maybe lick his dry lips. "I could say the same. Except, you know, without the 'hyung' part." 

And then Tao would throw his head back and let out a laugh, making Baekhyun do a crooked grin, and they'd walk away from each other and head to class. 

They had one class together. Exactly one. And that gym class (which was basketball, to be exact, for one whole semester) was probably what made the situation get drastically...different. It didn't get worse, no not really, since it was never a good or bad situation in the first place. No, Tao and Baekhyun had always been very comfortable with each other; two jokers who loved to laugh and have a good meal. What more could friends ask for? They didn't get to meet up often, having lived rather far from each other, no money to hail a taxi, and no companions with a working, un-rusted car. So whenever they saw each other in the hallways, it went accordingly to conversation above. Gym, however, was a slightly different. It was more strange for the two to do something like that considering they were half naked and a foot away from each other. Their bare skin would sometimes bump into each other when, say, Tao would drop his shirt (which happened more often than not, it seemed) or whenever Baekhyun closed his locker (occasionally, Tao would wonder if Baek purposely elbowed his rib cage).

By turn of fate, they were always put on opposing teams, and sent to guard each other. "Harmless flirting", apparently, could only go as far as this, right? Putting their hands on each other, touching with the purpose of stopping the other from getting the ball. But Tao always felt a little self conscious, as if he could feel the older boy edging closer and closer during these games. But he mentally, and emotionally, shoved it aside in heart and mind, for the sake of winning the game. Sports were important to him, despite the fact that his best friend, Oh Sehun, always bugged him about his grades (even more than his own mother would, he reckoned).

It was one day when they were changing in the locker room, the bell having just rung, that Baekhyun noticed the thin silver chain around Tao's neck. No one was around, everyone already in the gym. They were late by a few minutes surely, but it couldn't have been that bad. He stared for a few seconds, wondering if Tao had always worn that. It almost enticed him, the pale gleam against his milky skin and the veins that were visible on his neck. Even more so was the fact that Tao's back was to him, the muscles almost rippled slightly when Tao lifted his arm to run his fingers through his hair, messing and rustling it. Baekhyun couldn't think, couldn't breathe. He reached out and placed a shaky hand on Tao's back.

"Hyung?" Tao turned his head to look at the older boy, who was staring in shock at his own hand, which seemed to have developed a life of its own. 

"Have you...always worn this?" Suddenly, it was as if he had no control over his own body anymore. The hand that was already on Tao's back travelled up and he wrapped the silver chain around his finger before sliding his hand down the younger boy's back, his skin leaving behind trails of warmth. Tao shivered a little and the vibration of his body, so close to Baek's, made Baekhyun feel utterly ecstatic. Tao turned to face him, speechless, then his hyung placed both hands on his chest and he was pushed back onto the lockers with a clang! The cold metal shocked him for only a second, that second ending when Baekhyun filled him with the heat from his breath as their lips met. Tao, shocked into a prolonged silence, found himself wrapping his arms around Baekhyun's neck, pulling him closer.

They both eventually pulled back, red-faced, who-knows-how-long later, panting and staring at each other. Baekhyun looked up at the younger boy, realizing that he had been the one to initiate such a heated scene. He opened his mouth to apologize, but all that came out was an awkward "um" and even that didn't come out right when he saw Tao lick his lips. Those cat lips. That he just kissed...hard.

And he found himself wanting to do it again.

Of course, Tao saw his hyung staring at his lips and he purposely rubbed it once over, slowly, with his thumb, just to see how his hyung would react. The strangest sound came out of the older boy's mouth, a mix between a moan and "hnnng..." and then Baekhyun placed his hands on the back of Tao's head to kiss him again. Tao smirked into the kiss whilst Baek found himself smiling.

They'd both secretly liked each other for ages -- maybe even more than just "like". Both had been yearning for this situation, however strange it was now that it'd finally happened. Baekhyun had not expected the other to be half naked for their first kiss and, likewise, Tao had not expected himself to be the one trying to seduce Baek. But they were both rather happy with the result, happier than they'd ever admit out loud, and Tao rolled over so that Baekhyun was the one against the lockers. Tao pressed Baekhyun's wrists against the cold metal and rested his forehead on the other's. He muttered quietly, "Hyung, you look good today."

Baekhyun could only nod, insanely captivated by just how much sexual frustration this boy could drive into his heart with that one sentence. However, class was about to end and they both knew they weren't that kind of people. They'd take things slow, save their time and preserve their innocence like an ever-blossoming flower; hold onto each other until they were both ready.

What had started as harmless flirting had become a fueled relationship, and the two found themselves unable to lightly say such things after that day.