SUCHEN

SUHO'S POV

Two years ago, I discovered the most wonderful little cafe. A coffee shop, more like. It's one of those places where you get hot coffee or hot chocolate, served to you in what seems to be like a giant white tea-cup, except they're bowls with a small handle on the side. It's one of those places where your coffee (or cocoa) is served with the cream swirled to perfection, creating a picture for the customer to enjoy. It's one of those places that calms you down and brightens your day.

Every Monday morning, before work, I head over there, hoping to see a drawing that will make the morning more bearable. Because I like the arts, and I happen to think coffee art is somewhat cute. The same man is there every time I go; his family owns the shop, I learned. He smiles whenever I walk up and he says to me, "Nice to see you again." And I always order the same thing, but even before I finish saying what I want, he already has it down. He's the one that draws the coffee art for all their customers. Maybe it'll be an intricate star or a butterfly, I like to think.

But every Monday, for the last two years, he's always drawn for me a little white heart.

It's plain and simple, and it makes me smile, but while everyone else seems almost reluctant to theirs, hoping not to destroy the caffienated masterpiece, with something as simple as this, I don't hesitate to take the first sip. 

He watches me as I finish my coffee, I can feel his gaze on the back of my neck. But I never turn around to catch him. One time I did, a few months ago, but he was already back to drawing a new design for another customer, a tall man short black hair and burning eyes. He had smiled and laughed with that man, as if they'd known each other. I had turned around after that, to keep reading the news on my phone. 

Today, I decided to still get the same coffee, as per usual, though I had planned to get something different, I could never bring myself to do it. The man at the counter always puts down the same thing for me, I'd hate to say something else and have him cross out that order and look at me sheepishly as he realizes he was wrong. No, I didn't even have the heart to do something like that. Besides, I like my usual order; it's a satisfying cup of coffee, mind you. 

I walked away and sat down at my usual table. And twenty minutes, later, I left, feeling warm from drinking the usual coffee, and seeing the usual white-heart.

CHEN'S POV

Ah, he came again, like usual. I carefully molded the heart, like I have every week for the past two years. I still remember when he first walked through those doors, and yet the only thing I have the nerve to say to him is a joking "nice to see you." I almost sigh sadly, thinking I could do so much better. I'm usually much more social, aren't I? I remember when Kris was just behind him in line, and he saw the way I served him and laughed at me. Aish, stupid hyung. He wouldn't know.

I finished my little heart, and handed him the coffee. I wonder if he'll get my message?

SUHO'S POV

It was the first time I'd made a mistake like this. It was night time by then, and I ran back to the coffee shop. It was the first time I'd stepped inside that cafe at night, and I wondered why I'd never done that before. They set up lanterns around the place and the lighting is dim and nice. 

He was at the table, wiping one of them with a cloth. It was strange not seeing him behind the counter, like usual. He looked up when I came in (there was a small bell that rang every time someone came in and went out) and I saw his eyes widen, but only a little. He must have been surprised that I came at a time I usually don't, yet I can see that he's expecting me anyway. He stands up and puts the rag on the table. "Hi." He says. There's a piece of brown hair blocking his eyes. 

I looked down at his name tag. "CHEN". Why haven't I noticed it before? Before I could speak, he pulled out something familiar and said, "You're here for this, right?"

I took back my wallet and slipped it into my pocket. "Yes. Thanks, Chen."

He smiles. I raise an eyebrow at him. "Is that your real name? It doesn't sound Korean."

"No, I'm Kim Jongdae." He tells me. Maybe it was just me, but did his cheeks go a little pink? I shrug it off and put out a hand, which he shakes, still smiling.

"My name's Kim Joonmyun. I've always been curious..." He looks at me funny. "Why do you always draw a heart for me?"

He looks a little downcast for a second, but then he laughs. It didn't really sound like his heart was into it, though. "I guess...you should try to find out."

My phone beeps. I look down and see the time. "I have to go," I turn to leave. "I'll be back when I usually am--"

Suddenly, strong arms wrap around my waist from behind me. I look over my shoulder, surprised, at Chen, who has his forehead on my back. My face feels warm. He looks up at me and for a second, he just looks really adorable. 

"Hyung," He says quietly. I look around slowly. No one else is inside the cafe and the lights are still dim. "Please...notice me."

My shoulders relaxed. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in. Then I put my hands on his, which are on my stomach, holding me tightly. Then, I loosen his back-hug, turn around, and hug him. I feel really, really embarrassed, but can I help it? 

"I always have."

----------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! I thought of this while I was I was visiting my sister~ Ah, in every busy city, there must be a nice cafe where mysterious things happen, no? Anyway, I hope you like it!