Prologue

A/N - I wrote this part a long ass time ago so there are a lot of grammatical errors and whatnot. Also wayyy too many commas where they're not supposed to be, so my bad. I'll edit this part at some point but for now please bear with me! The next chapters are better written I swear! <3

~Prologue~

Faith awoke to her alarm clock. Sighing, she got up and got ready for school. It was evidently her 16th birthday today, which meant she should find her mate. Hopefully, anyway. Some werewolves didn't have mates. That's why a lot go rogue. No Alpha wants a werewolf without a mate, but Faith had no idea why. They were perfectly good people.

Forcing the thought of meeting her mate - the one person she would truley love with all her heart - out of her mind, she grabbed a black spaggetti strap shirt with some light wash skinny jeans half heartidly.

See, Faith didn't think of herself as ugly, but she definitely wouldn't describe herself as desirable. Nor would most of anyone else for that matter. However, Faith is the Beta's daughter, so she's respected to a degree. Well, in front of other people that is. Whenever her brother, William, is around the other pack members leave her alone. The same thing happens when her father is around as well. But when they're not around, she's basically fair game.

Faith walked downstairs to find her brother eating some breakfast. She went and grabbed a bowl, filled it up with some Cookie Crisp, and sat opposite him.

"Mornin' sis. Happy birthday," he said as he gulped down a mouthful of his Lucky Charms.

"Morning. Thanks, Will. So, are we gonna go pick up Jace again?" She asked as she ate a mouthful of her cereal.

"Probably. Why'd ya ask?"

"No reason, just wondering. You know how I am, you dumb," she replied with a grin.

He chuckled before slipping on his sneakers and throwing Faith's shoes at her feet. She quickly finished her cereal before putting on her shoes, grabbed her book bag, and walked to an awaiting Will in his truck. She slipped into the passengers seat quietly and shut the truck's door before putting on her seatbelt. Will drove off to Jace's house to pick him up, like they've been doing for the past couple of weeks.

Jace had dark brown, almost black hair, blue eyes and a height of 6'2. Alphas were usually pretty tall to seem intimidating. And to add to it, they were usually muscular with broad shoulders.

Now, Faith was a bit of a different story. She had brown hair, light brown, almost hazel eyes, and a height of 5'2.

They arrived at the pack house which was where Jace, and most of the other pack members, lived. Some people chose to move out of that house because of privacy issues, like Faith's family.

Will beeped and a few minutes later Jace came walking out of the front door. However, so did Jeanice, Maria, and Scott. There wasn't enough room in the truck for all of them, unless two of them sat in the back.

Faith and Will jumped out of the truck, Will walking over to meet Jace and everyone else while Faith leaned against the passenger side door.

"Jace, you know we can't fit everyone in my truck unless two of you sit in the back. That's illegal, you know," Will chided Jace as they came close enough to hear each other.

"That's alright. Now, who's going to sit in the back?" Jace replied nonchalantly. He didn't really care about the law too much at the moment. Something else was distracting him, something faint that smelled incredible. He noticed Faith out of the corner of his eye idling by the passenger side door. When he looked at her the smell got stronger and he felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end.