Chapter 12

Kyra's POV

        For most demigods, dreams haunt them, they seem to be more like nightmares waiting for you whenever you fall asleep. Demigods tend to dream of, or see , the future. For Kyra it was the opposite. Visions of her past haunted her each night, or when she happened to pass out, like now. 

      Kyra saw herself running. A smaller version of herself that is, about 7 years old. Young Kyra's lungs were burning for air as she looked behind her trying to outrun the monsters behind her. She was running, with tears burning in her eyes, from her newest foster parents. After she was adopted a landslide tragically killed her parents of only two months, somehow sparing her life. The young girl swore she could feel the earth laughing at her as she wept, covered in mud.

      "Get back here ya little brat!" Kyra heard behind her as she continued to run with tears streaming down her face. The small child was beginning to slow, the creature that was  her step father didn't let up. Her step father had turned into ... young Kyra couldn't even distinguish what was chasing her, but by now, Kyra knew that whatever it was had called in backup. As more creatures joined in the chase of the young girl she began to realise there was no getting out of this. She tried her best, she ran to the busy streets knowing there would be people there, hoping they would help her. Even though no one ever believed her when she told others what she saw. 

      As she was running she felt something grab her hair. She cried out for help, but nobody heard. Kyra turned around and using her height and size to her advantage, she kicked the creature where no being wants to be kicked.

      "Ahh! Stupid demigod!!" the creature shouted and he let go of Kyra. She ran until she was out of the alley and on the sidewalks near the street. There were few people here, none that would care anyways. A van pulled up beside her and she tried to scurry away from it. She was now trapped. She cried out as something grabbed her from behind.

      "Got her! Ha the boss'll be so proud of us when we finally deliver her with 'minimal damage.' " He said when he grabbed Kyra.

      "Help! Someone please!!" The young girl cried out.

      "Shut it!" He yelled placing a hand over her mouth, leaving her cries for help to be muffled. They started dragging the kicking demigod to the truck when Kyra spotted a boy a her age. She knew it was her only chance when she saw the boy's eyes widen, obviously seeing the monsters too. Kyra struggled more and tried to yell out, but was muffled by the hand. Tears streamed down her face at an even quicker rate. 

      Kyra met the young boy's big brown eyes and tried to plead with him through her silver ones, but he could only stare in shock. The monster-men dragged Kyra inside and put Chloroform on her mouth and nose, making her black out, seeing the boy one last time through her teary eyes. Kyra knew what happened to her next. Normally this was when she would wake up, but not today.

      Kyra was bathed in a bright light and was now transported as her current self, outside of the van, the rest of the scene frozen around her.

      "What?" She said.

      "Hello Kyra." 

     "Apollo?"  Kyra asked.

       "I knew you would recognize me from my awesomeness." Apollo said. "Did you read the letter?"

      "What?"

      "The letter you just got from Aeolus, duh! Funny thing is I was supposed to make sure you got that a long time ago..." he trailed off rubbing the back of his neck.

      "I haven't read the letter yet, no." Kyra said sniffling and wiping her tears. "I haven't really had time." She paused for a second. "Apollo?"

      "Yes?"

      "You're the god of prophecy right?" he nodded. "So can I ask you something?"

      "Try me!" He said being his usually cocky self.

     "Apollo why didn't he help me?"  she said now pointing to the frozen boy. Before he could respond Kyra began lashing out, a rare occurrence for her. "If he had just... I don' t know told somebody, or or, at least try to help me I wouldn't be in this mess!! After that I didn't see sunlight for three years! Three years, Apollo, do you know that!?"

      The god nodded his head sadly. "Yes, but Kyra it was destiny, and he did try." He waved his hand and the scene around them came to life.

      The van containing Kyra drove away as the small boy saw the girl's eyes one last time. He started sprinting after it. Yelling something. Kyra couldn't hear any sounds. Before he could get far a woman ran out and grabbed the boy's shoulder  and started yelling at him. The boy started pointing at where Kyra had just been taken to, desperate for her to understand. The woman only rolled her eyes at him and yelled at him more before harshly yanking his arm and pulling him away. He looked back with sad brown eyes at where Kyra had disappeared from before reluctantly following the lady. 

      Kyra looked back at Apollo with wide eyes "He did try." She whispered.

      "Read the letter Kyra," he said taking out the letter she had received earlier and handing it to her. 

       Kyra took a deep breath, opened the letter and began to read it.