Chapter 38

LEO 

    Leo didnt wait very long before running after Kyra. The look on her face terrified him; she looked like she'd seen a ghost. Or in Kyra's case more likely someone from her past. He wasn't sure which was worse. Jason and Piper followed quickly behind him after he ran off. Kyra was fast, but he was able to see that she was heading toward the Artemis Cabin. 

    "Leo, Piper! Wait up!" It was Audrey, Kyra's friend from the Apollo cabin. He didn't want to stop running but skidded to a halt as Piper stopped directly beside him, grabbing his arm to stop him from continuing without her and Jason.

    "What's going on? I just saw Kyra run past here; she didn't even look at me when I called her name. What's wrong?" she asked, concerned. Leo could see it on everyone's face, they were all worried about what had caused Kyra to run away so suddenly. All Leo wanted to do was see that she was okay.

    "I don't know," Piper responded. "We were talking and suddenly Kyra just went pale and ran off," Piper explained, catching her breath. 

    "Crap," Audrey spoke softly. "Do we think she's hurt?" she questioned.

    "I don't know," Leo answered, frustrated by the group's lack of movement. Why were they wasting time talking about what could be wrong when they could be spending their time finding Kyra and checking on her? "But I saw her heading toward her cabin, let's go!" he urged. 

    Leo didn't wait to see if the group was going to follow him before he took off running again. He had lost sight of Kyra but he hoped that she had made it to her cabin by now and was safe inside. 

    He heard Piper calling after him once more as he neared the cabin but he didn't stop this time. If something was seriously wrong with Kyra he didn't want to waste any more time not helping her. 

    Leo wasn't thinking as he ran straight into Kyra's cabin door. But wished he had thought his actions through more as he was projected backward by the same invisible force that had taken him and Jason out the first time they had attempted to enter the Artemis Cabin. 

    "Leo!" Piper called out as she ran up to him, followed quickly by Jason and Audrey. "Are you okay?" she questioned, kneeling down in front of him. 

    "Ow," he responded dumbly. "I don't think the cabin likes me very much."

    Piper rolled her eyes, "You're fine. I'm going to check on Kyra," she informed the group quickly rising and running into the Cabin.  

    "I'll stay and make sure Leo's okay," Audrey spoke, eyeing the Artemis Cabin warily. 

    "You sure, Audrey?" Jason asked. "Leo seems fine but Kyra might need you." 

        Leo watched as conflict danced in Audrey's brown eyes. Piper was checking on Kyra and Leo didn't hear any cries coming from the cabin so he assumed she was at least alright for a little while. 

    "My head hurts," Leo lied, rubbing his head for effect. He was a great actor. Audrey knelt down beside him, examining his head in concentration while Jason observed the two before looking toward the Artemis cabin, obviously stressed for his girlfriend and Kyra. 

    "Did you even hit your head?" Audrey questioned softly once Jason had looked away.

    "Maybe not," Leo admitted sheepishly with a grin. Audrey smiled back at him. She was obviously uncomfortable about the idea of going into the Artemis cabin, he wasn't sure why, but he wasn't one to judge. 

    "Thanks, Leo," she spoke gratefully, offering a hand to help him stand up. He nodded to her as they joined Jason by the entrance to the Artemis Cabin, standing as close as possible without being blasted away again.