Chapter Eight- Frenemies

Sorry this took so long

Please Vote or comment (and Criticise)

And read away......

***

Once Jaime had dropped me off in front of my home I immediately tried to find a way to hide my new kitten. If Richard or Gertrude caught me with her, I would be punished even more than what I was already going to be for getting home late. She already meant the world to me in the short time we have been together so I'm not about to lose her.

I walked up the grass-covered walkway and entered the house through the back door. Inside, everything was dark and silent so I turned on the hallway and kitchen lights. It seemed like nobody was home. Odd. Very Odd. I walked up the stairs and checked all the rooms after doing the same downstairs. Empty.

"Hello, anybody home?" This is very unusual. I went into my room and made a little bed for Rosie-Belle out of a basket and blankets and placed her in it while I decided what to do. I walked downstairs and decided to do what I usually would on a normal night. Be the honourable and obedient slave I was.

I started preparing dinner like usual because after all, they could just be running late. As I was peeling the onions, I cut myself and cursed. I turned the tap on and put my finger under the gushing water. Straight away it heeled and I looked at it with shock for a few seconds. I cooked for an hour and they still weren't here. I rushed into my room with a bowl of milk and put it on the floor next to my kitten.

She lapped it up thirstily and I noticed that she was skinnylike me. Sighing, I changed out of the horrid uniform and pulled on a pair of rotting jeans and and old sweater Jane had lent me. I went to put dinner in the oven so it would stay warm since they had't blessed me with their presence yet. I was only allowed to eat once my Aunt and Uncle had finished and that was usually just leftovers. This was not good because I was absolutely starving.

I wish my life wasn't so pathetic. I sat on one of the couches in the living room and hugged my legs to my chest. Once they get here, I'm going to talk to them about being moved down a grade. I knew they expected me to do well at school so I had to speak carefully about it. Thinking about school lead me to thinking about Salvatore and other things...

I missed my old life. My friends, my family.... everything about it. The pack Salvatore is soon to lead has been our rivals for centuries. That was all about to change when my father ran away and left Astana, my dear sister to be the Alpha Female of this pack. She was childhood friends with the last Alpha of our rivals and we were discussing land sharing and peace between our lands but one of their pack members that was not in favour of  this idea, created a group that had the same opinion as him. Together they attacked our pack.

Their pack declared war after we killed the members that had foolishly crossed our land for a fight. Jeremy, their Alpha, thought we were in the wrong so the friendship between him and my sister was lost, as was any hopes of peace between us. Astana and Jeremy, both mighty Alphas, decided they would take this fight-despite Astana's pleads to convince her long lost friend of the misunderstanding- to the border point between our two lands. What separates it is a cliff. It was a one-on-one private battle between our two leaders. We expected one or the other to win this battle to the death. But they both died. I felt it when mys sister left, as if she was calling out to me.

What should of happened after this tragic event was that, I should've become Alpha with the guide of my mother until I was of an age to take over full leadership. We should've continued our lives like we did before any of that mess happened. Instead, my mum went into a Coma, I became the slave to my aunt and Uncle and my pack is being mislead into a wreck.