Chapter 4

Me and Jack are going somewhere today. I don't know where but, it's 10:30, I just woke up and he's coming at 10:45. Oops. Luckily, I straightened my hair a little bit last night. And since hair is gonna take the longest, I do that first. I brush it out a little bit, and put it in two side braids. I then put on a plain white shirt, with light blue shorts, and white converse. I put on mascara, because I look like an absolute disaster without it, and leave the room. I end up sitting down stairs for 20 extra minutes because Jack was late.
"Hey, sorry I'm late." He walks in with a smile, at 10:58. "My best friend was being annoying."
"You're fine." I whisper, and stand up.
"You seem shy." He observes, "You sat by yourself watching me last time, and now you're whispering." I only shrug in response, as he tells Cathy were leaving. I mean he's half right, but I'm only shy around you if I don't know you. "So what do you like to do?" Jack asks as we walk to the car.
"I like photography..." I trail off then start again, "and bands, but only like 1."
"Really what band." His eyes light up immediately as he starts the car.
"Twenty Øne Piløts."
"They're so cool!" He yells, then calms down, "So what do you like besides that, any like people. Oh yeah what do you want to do. We can do whatever." He adds.
"Can we just like talk?" I ask, and he nods. I let out a breath before answering the other question. "I like some YouTubers, Shane Dawson, MyDigitalEscape, Maxwell James, people like that. What about you?"
"I'm in a band." He replies, as his phone rings. "And this guy, is my least favorite in the band. Hey Alex."
"Where the hell are you?" The guy, Alex, yells.
"I'm on my way relax." Then he looks over at me, "And someone's with me."
"I swear to God, Jack Barakat." Alex threatens.
"It's a child, relax." Jack laughs, easily, like he was used to these arguments. "I'll be there in 20 bye." He says quickly, then hangs up. "Me and you are gonna meet him and his wife for lunch. In reality the place is like 30 seconds down the road, but we're gonna talk first, so that you are at least okay with one person." I nod slowly. "Wanna listen to Twenty Øne Piløts?"
"Yeah" I say with a smile, as he puts on House Of Gold, in the background.
"20 questions?" Jack suggest.
"You first." I reply, turning to face him.
"Let's start simple," he says then thinks for a second. "Favorite color."
"Easy, grey. Favorite holiday?" I ask in return.
"Christmas. Favorite member of tøp?"
"Josh. Favorite YouTuber."
"Danisnotonfire." He replies with a smile, "Favorite picture you've ever taken?" It had been 2 minutes and he already had me rambling about the picture I took, that I thought had represented life and death.
"Favorite restaurant?" I ask when I'm finished.
"That's too hard." He rolls his eyes, then leaves the question unanswered. "Favorite member of MyDigitalEscape?"
"That's easy, Jeydon Wale." I reply without question. "Favorite instrument?" I ask, as the song changes to Truce.
"Guitar. Even though I sucked at it in the beginning." He laughs, "Favorite EP, or album?"
"Can I say three?"
"Sure." Jack laughs. "I'm gonna start driving before Alex calls me yelling.
"Follow Your Dreams by Bryan Stars, Twenty Øne Piløts self titled, and Not So Perfect by Johnnie Guilbert."
"We're here." Jack smiles, shutting off the car. He wasn't kidding about 30 seconds.
"But that wasn't 30 seconds." I argue, but laugh.
"Are you comfortable?" He ask, and I stop, realizing how comfortable I was. "Let's go."
"Gaskarth." He says to the guy at the front. It was kind of a fancy restaurant but not really. Like it didn't look fancy, but they had the people and you had to reserve seats.
"This way." He leads us to a table that already has two people sitting at it.
"It's about time." The guy, Alex, said then turned around. "You were not kidding, you brought a child."
"This is Noelle." He says, sitting at the booth across from Alex, and I guess his wife. "Noelle, that's Alex, but you know him, and his wife Lisa."
"Hi." I say with a small smile.
"Hey." Alex says, waving.
"Hi." Lisa says, then looks back at her menu.
"Believe it or not Lisa's is the nice one." Jack whispers to me, and I laugh. "OW!" He yells, causing everyone to look toward him and shush him. "Alex your wife kicked me." Jack whines.
"No, that was me." Alex says sarcastically, smiling at me. "So Noelle, what do you like?"
I look to Jack for reassurance. He just nods, rubbing his leg, in the spot where I guess he just got hit. "Twenty Øne Piløts, and some YouTubers."
"What else?" Jack pushed.
"Photography." I mumble.
"That's cool. Zack likes that too." Alex says.
"Who's Zack?" I ask, looking up.
"He's in the band." Lisa offers. "He's my favorite."
"Hey!" Alex slaps her arm, lightly.
"So what do you want?" Jack asks.
"I've never been here, you pick." I shrug. "All I know I want is Sprite."
"No coke?" Jack looks up from the menu.
"Don't like it." I reply, and tap my foot to the tune of a song I had heard earlier.
"So I'm thinking," Jack starts then trails off, "You can never go wrong with chicken nuggets."
"Jack that's your life motto." Alex rolls his eyes.
"Be quiet." Alex whispers something to Lisa, and she nods, in agreements.
"You guys talking about me?" Jack ask, wiggling his eye brows.
"Yes, and how you're acting different." Alex replies, "Now please shut up so I can continue."
"She's 14! I'm not gonna cuss a bunch." Alex, and Lisa literally looked stunned.
"Would you like to live with him. If not you can live with me and send you with Jack all the time." Alex looks at me as he talks and seems very serious. I just looked down, and blushed a little bit.
" I like her." Jack laughs. "Leave her alone."
" She doesn't like you." Lisa teases. 
"Yes she does!" Jack glances at me, "You like me right?"
"Yeah I like you." I promise him.
"Ha!" Jack yells at Lisa. I sink into the seat.
This seemed like something I could get used to. Alex and Jack arguing playfully. Lisa treating Jack like a younger brother. Never throwing me into anything, or not making me join in on conversation to much. And as much as I didn't want to admit it, I liked spending time with the 3 of them. A lot.