Chapter One pt two

A few hours later, awakening, I can't help but cry. Why me? How did this happen? I thought I was stronger than this.Crying until I had no tears left to cry, I get up to go again search for water. Crying about it is just going to dehydrate you faster fool, I thought to myself. To the left, I walk a little ways and pause to listen for the sound of water. Still hearing nothing, I walk further a little ways and pause to listen once more.

    Ah! The sweet sound of gently trickling water rang through my head. If I could, I would have smiled, but the feeling quickly faded. To my disbelief, there he was waiting by the edge of the water.

    Oh God! What do I do?! If he sees me I'm screwed! He'll catch me and who knows what he'll do this time, depending on how pissed he is. I'm so thirs... Stop it! You can't afford to be thinking about thirst right now, I silently scold myself. You need to figure out how to get by undetected.

    Silently praying that he won't be looking in my direction, I sneak another peek to see my surroundings and quickly weigh my options. Turning back around behind the tree, out of his line of vision, a sudden wave of nausea consumes me. I feel my body start to sway and my legs tremble beneath me.

    Damn it Lacy! Stay strong! I command myself, fighting it down. As silently as I could, resting against the tree I take as deep of breaths that I can while avoiding detection trying to calm myself down. I wait there for a while hoping he will move on so I can get a much needed drink. Still, he doesn't make any move to leave.

    Tired of waiting for him to catch me or walk away, I begin silently stalking off, thanking God that the leaves were sparse in this area. That way, he can't hear the crisp crunch they could make underfoot as I was walking away. Slowly moving one step at a time so as to distribute my weight so that he can't hear my feet hit the ground, the hair on my neck prickles up. Sensing something out of place, I stand stiffly frozen in place, straining to hear. Hearing a soft distinct thud, I realize it's the sound of shoes lightly hitting the ground, coming my direction.

    Quickly, I jump away from the clearing and hide amongst a sparsely covered patch of trees and underbrush, not daring to hide in the more densely packed regions.It would be where most people would think to hide. I'd imagine he would think I would too because it'd be the more obvious place to look. Laying flat on the ground, I see him through a tiny crack straight ahead, slowly scanning every direction looking for me.

    Holding my breath, barely breathing in fear that he'd detect the sound of my very breath, I anxiously  wait for him to either walk on or spot me.Suddenly facing my direction, he starts walking this way scanning everything around him, stopping  a short distance directly in front of me. I urgently pray to God for him not to spot me.

He turns back around for a few minutes still intently searching for me. Feeling my heart race madly in my chest, I'm surprised he can't hear it. All of a sudden, his head snaps up and whips over in my direction. His eyes flash in anger for a mere second before he quickly covers it up.

"Lacey honey," he says in an intoxicatingly sweet voice,"come out sweetie. I know you're in there somewhere. It's time to stop playing games and come home now.