Part 1- Lucas's POV

Ok, this chapter is in Lucas's POV. He important and you'll learn more about him in this chapter.

__________________________________________________________

As I looked down at the girl laying on the cold ground, I couldn't help but feel a little sorry. Whoever she was, she just lost everything. She would never get to see all the things she loved ever again. All because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ryan, the only person on the earth that i consider a friend, pulled out his phone and called for the car to come, the only car the pack owns. We try and avoid the hassle of keeping up with modern life, but on some occasions its inevitable. Hence Ryan owning a phone. To avoid drawing attention to ourselves, me, Ryan and the rest of the pack drag the girls limp body into the woods as gently as we can, but once we let go of her I see a trickle of blood drip down her forehead were she was scraped by a rock. Ouch.

After what feels like hours, a large black van pulls over on the side of the woods. We open the doors and lift the girls body into the back. After tying up her hands and feet, the van drives off to the pack's cave. Well, it's not exactly a cave, more like a system of caves.

The van speeds away, leaving nothing but a cloud of dust. I turn to Ryan and my other pack members. They all shiver at the blistering cold, as do I. I shift into wolf form and they do the same. I nod my head in the direction the van went and we all bound after it.

While we make our way back home, the only thing I can think of is Jenny. She could be dead right now and no one would care, not even dad. He would probably enjoy watching her die, watching the weak link in our pack fade away. Heck, he would kill her himself if he could.

With that freighting thought, I pick up my pace until I can see the mouth of our cave carefully nestled in the side of a mountain. I stop at the foot of the mountain and look to see my pack mates breathing heavily. I guess that's an advantage of being an alphas son. Years of careful breeding have made me almost perfect in terms of athletic abilities.

I shake my head at them and then turn to the mountain. It towers into the sky, covered in prickly green pine trees and white mounds of snow. Humans would probably find it beautiful, but after the hell I've had to endure inside its seemingly endless caverns, to me this place is anything but beautiful.

An hour of hiking up the steep pathways that twist around the mountain, me and my pack members stand in front of the cave mouth. Pitch blackness fills the cavern but we don't need light with our heightened senses. I hear a faint scraping sound and before I can register what it was, I feel a warm breath on my neck.

I spin around as a torch is lit somewhere to my left revealing around thirty wolves, all their eyes on my.

"Hey sweetie," purrs a voice uncomfortably close to my ear.

"It's good to see you to Raven" I quickly answer back with a fake smile plastered onto my face after I shift back in to human form.

Raven has always had it set in her mind that we're an item. One day we will be, but not for a long time. Her mom is my dads mate, therefore we should be mates. Or at least that's how they see it. Raven is a stuck up, spoiled brat who thinks she can have anything she wants. Including me.

Even though I hate her, I must admit she looks beautiful. She's wearing a long, flowing white dress cover in little diamonds that glitter like snow. Her long black hair is pulled into a bun with a few straw strands hanging in front of her flawless face. You'd never guess she was so horrible, if it wasn't for the devious look that permanently danced in her dark blue eyes.

The rest of the wolves shift and stare at me intently. I hate this. I hate attention. Most pack members would do anything to be the alphas son, but me, I feel like I've been cursed and would do anything to get rid of it.

Deathly silence fills the dark cavern and menacing shadows dance across its damp walls. All eyes are still locked on me. After a few more seconds I can't stand it anymore. I let out a moan, push my way through the crowd, and run down the long passageway that forks off of the cavern. I hear Raven call after me, her voice dripping with rage, but I ignore her. Others call after me, eager to hear if we were successful, but I ignore them too.

Once the only sound is my own feet pounding against the ground and the constant drip of water from the tunnel roof, I slow down a bit. A torch ahead tells me I'm close to Jenny's room. I watch as a woman with a tray of food enters and hear Jenny softly say 'thank you'. The sound of her voice instantly brings a smile to my face as I rush to see her.

Her room is so small, just like her. It's as damp and dark as any other cavern in our home but whenever I'm in here I feel happier. My heart lightens a bit and for a moment all the awful things in my life seem to fade away. Jenny lays on the floor, a heap of blankets on top of her and under her. She doesn't notice me standing in the doorway so I let out a cough to catch her attention.

"Lucas!" she squeals in delight as her face fills with joy.

"Hey, how do you feel?" I ask as I sit on the floor next to her. Just as I say this she breaks into a coughing fit, almost spilling the soup in her lap. I pat her back as her coughing comes to a stop.

"Not great" she says sheepishly. It's the same answer I get from her everyday although she's much worse than 'not great'. In fact, she's on deaths doorstep.

After I talk to her for a little bit and read her a story, she falls asleep and begins to quietly snore. I kiss her forehead and leave the room. With much hesitation I realize I have to go back to the main cavern soon. The girl should be here by now..

I take my time walking back to the main cavern. No need to rush. But before I know it the cavern opens before me and luckily this time there are only half as many pack members as before. None of them seem to be interested in me. I walk over to Ryan who is leaning casually against a wall.

"Is she here yet?"

"Yup" says Ryan as he nods to the cave entrance. Two muscular men enter, one of them carrying the girl bridal style. She looks like she's just sleeping, almost peaceful. But she's not in a normal sleep. She's in a heavily drugged, probably nightmare filled sleep. That's exactly what her life will become. A nightmare.

The two men carry her off down the tunnel I just exited. Who knows where they were taking her, but I'm sure it wouldn't be fun.

______________________________________

What did ya think? Next chapter will be in Amelia's POV