Saving Lila

New story! I made this story because I realized that depression is a big issue in our world we live in. I made this story so I could think and show the readers how bad things really are. Many people probably experience this regularly, and it is truly heartbreaking. Always remember to be kind to everyone, because you don't know what they’re going through. You don't know anything about them, so why judge?

- N

Chapter 1: 

"Wake up fatty! It's time for school." My mother says jokingly as she shakes me awake.

I hold back the tears and I smile my best fake smile. She always does this. She calls me fat, dumb, emo, and ugly in a joking way, but there is always some truth behind a joke.

I bet she really thinks those things about me. Every time I look in the mirror, I know she really does believe those things.

My mom leaves me to get ready for my final year of school. Honestly, I don't know how I survived that long. Maybe it was for the sake of Emma, my best friend. Well, she was my best friend. 

You see Emma and I were best friends since the first grade. We were inseparable. When high school started, I began to get bullied. Emma was always there for me. She was the only person who knew about what I was going through. 

I was breaking, piece by piece, and Emma was there trying to glue those pieces back together. She was the only person who I could truly trust and be happy with. She was the one who stopped me from cutting, who stopped me from starving myself, and who stopped me from ending my life.

She was my guardian angle, always there to protect me. That is until 3 months ago.

It was June 6th, 2013. I was sitting in my room, waiting for Emma to arrive. It was Friday and she was going to stay over, just like every Friday night. The rain was pounding on the roof of my house. I had tried calling Emma at least 10 times already, but she didn't pick up. 

Immediately worry started to course through my body. Emma was already an hour late, and she is never late.

I paced around my room, glancing at the clock every 5 seconds. Finally deciding to go search for her, I grabbed my car keys and hopped into my car.

Once the engine roared to life, I backed out of my driveway and sped in the direction of her house. 

I was halfway there when I caught sight of some police cars and an ambulance. I slowed down, till I came to a complete stop. Passed all of the cars, I saw a familiar red Honda accord.

Pushing my car door open, I run to site of the car crash, hoping to god that it wasn't Emma’s car that was crashed into the tree. I was getting soaked by the second as I made my way closer.

Once police caught sight of me, they tried to hold me back from the scene, but I pushed my way passed them, needing to see if it was Emma or not.

Tears streamed down my face as I finally caught site the car. 

It was Emma's car, and right next to it, was a black body bag.

I collapsed next to the body bag, the police and nurses not even bothering to stop me anymore. I rose my shaking hands to the zipper, fumbling with it till finally I was able to zip it down enough to see the dead person's face.

What I saw shattered my heart. This girl did not look like Emma at all. There were cuts on her face, and shards of glass sticking out of her head and body. Blood covered the girl. If it wasn't for the heart shaped locket Emma always wore, then I wouldn't have even realized it was her. I remember that locket. I gave it to her when we were little, she never took it off after that.