~Ten~

"What was that?" Finn, annoyed and angry, swam around in the water as I approached the edge of the dock.

"What was what?"

"Kissing him."

"Oh," I blushed. "That."

"Yeah, that."

"I didn't kiss him," I clarified, or attempted to. "He kissed me."

The look on his face was telling me to continue, so I did. "I had gone out there with him because everyone was telling me that he was going to ask me out, but I didn't want to date him. Then we were alone and it just seemed easier to turn him down then if we were surrounded by people and then that happen."

Finn sighed.

"Why did you splash us?" I accused. Finn and I were not together, even though I kind of wanted us to be. "And how did you know I was going to be there?"

"I- well, you know," he fumbled for an explanation. "You looked unconfutable and I thought, well, I thought I could help you out since you know, you had your eyes all wide and freaked out."

"My eyes all wide and freaked out?"

"Who kisses with their eyes open?" I laughed.

"Apparently me when I don't want to kiss someone." I said. "But how did you know I was there?"

"I didn't," he admitted. "That guy has lots of parties, usually I sit out in the ocean and watch from a distance. Humans are so fascinating when you ingest that weird liquid that stinks."

I snickered. "It's called alcohol and it makes us act like idiots."

I sat out on the dock all night talking to Finn. He asked me all kinds of questions. He asked what the party was like, which was easy to answer in one word, hectic. He asked about my weekend with Heidi. He also asked about my brother Tyler who was making an appearance today.

"Tyler's not someone I would recommend to anyone," I explained when he didn't understand how I could nearly despise my sibling. "Not as a friend, not as a family member, and surely not as anything high in any kind of order. He's selfish and rude. Trust me, you never want to meet him."

"He's coming today?"

I looked out to where it seemed the ocean ended. The sky was starting to lighten and I knew I wasn't going to be able to sleep the rest of the day. Ty coming home was a "big" thing.

"Yup." I popped the P on the response.

"Good luck," he said as he started to drift away from the dock. "I think they're here."

"Wait," I said before he went under. I heard a car door slam in the distance. Slowly, he came back to the surface. "Just stay here. I don't really feel like going up there."

"Won't they come looking for you?"

"Just keep your head low and they will think I'm doing what I always do."

"Isn't a little early?"

"No," I snapped. "I come out whenever I feel like it. No one really keeps track of when."

"Okay. Okay," he held up his hands in surrender. "If they won't come then they won't come; I believe you."

So I sat there longer. My eyes felt heavy but I continued to hold myself together. I didn't want him to leave. Finn casually floated in the water and I secretly admired his tan muscles. Swimming would tone you but doing nothing but swimming would do more than just tone. His build was lean but strong. I watched as his shark tooth necklace floated about his chest. My gaze travel farther to his stomach, which turned to his torso, and then fell upon his tail. It looked even more beautiful as it moved in the rising sun.