Chapter 14 - Those Heterochromatic Eyes

"First, in the black uniforms; Rakuzan High!" The announcer exclaimed dramatically, "Coach, Shirogane Eiji! Assistant coach, Momoi Chiharu!"

Chiharu watched as Shirogane stepped forward and bowed his head. She followed him in unison.

"And introducing their starting members, Number eight, Nebuya Eikichi! Number seven, Hayama Kotaro! Number six Mibuchi Reo! Number five Mayuzumi Chihiro! And finally number ten Yagi Masao!"

Countless amounts of cheers roared through the gym. Chiharu gazed past the coach and towards the bench.

Akashi sat there. He watched the court intently. He was smirking

The announcer continued. "Next, in the white uniforms; Touou Academy! Coach Harasawa Katsunori!"

The Touou basketball coach walked forward and bowed before returning to his spot.

"And the starting members, Captain and number four, Imayoshi Shoichi! Number seven, Susa Yoshinori! Number nine, Sakurai Ryo! Number six, Wakamatsu Kosuke! And finally number eight, Chino Raku!"

Cheers filled the halls and rose in crescendoes for Touou Academy.

"We will now begin the Inter High Finals between Touou Academy and Rakuzan High School!"

Chiharu looked past the the referee and towards the other bench. Aomine seemed to be yelling furiously at the coach. Chiharu already knew that Satsuki wouldn't let him play. His injuries after playing Kaijo were too deep. Akashi had said so too.

Murasakibara hadn't played either. Chiharu wasn't sure what had happened but she suspected Akashi had told him not to. Murasakibara, since long back, had only ever listened to Akashi.

She sat on the bench, gazing intently on the match. It was the tip-off and like Akashi had said, without Aomine, she was sure Rakuzan would win.

...

"Satsuki! Chiharu!" the Momoi couple called running down from the aisle.

The game was over. Rakuzan High had won.

"Mori-chan! Hana-chan!" Mibuchi called in familiarity, waving his hands wildly.

Chiharu twitched. When had Mibuchi become so close to her parents?

Satsuki ran from the other side of the court to greet her parents and Hayama also ran forward to join them. The Momoi couple smiled brightly congratulating the team.

"Momoi-sans!" Oi! Momoi-sans!" Nebuya exclaimed like a kid. He waved his arms and ran to join them. Chiharu turned to Nebuya, suddenly remembering Mayuzumi and Akashi stood behind him.

"Congratulations Chiharu, Reo-kun, Kotaro-kun and Eikichi-kun for winning," Chiharu's parents exclaimed.

Satsuki pouted. "How about me? I tried hard too!"

They turned and ruffled the hair of their eldest twin daughter. "You too," they replied lovingly.

Chiharu could feel the tense air as her parents turned to face the discernible presence, Akashi. And behind, a barely noticeable but still acknowledgable presence, Mayuzumi.

"Congratulations Mayuzumi," her parents cheered, recognising him from the beginning introductions. They then turned to the red haired, heterochromatic eyed boy who leaked power and authority.

"Congratulations..." they said gently, unable to name the red-haired boy. Their eyes darted quickly to their youngest, twin daughter, urging for a name.