Chapter 23

Once I got home, I went straight to my room. Dumping my bag on the floor, I gripped the journal in my hands and sat on my bed. Placing the book on the bed in front of me, I stared at it.

Sighing, I put my head in my hands, debating if I should read it.

The book nerd inside of me was incredibly curious but the real me was scared.

I was scared at what was inside, who knows what Cole wrote? Maybe it was all a lie!

Growling in annoyance, I put on my big girl pants and reached for the book.

"It was now or never Mia" I mumbled to myself. Opening the book, I couldn't help but read the pages I've already read. Even now, it still makes me giggle when I realised that Cole really wrote this.

Smiling, I read up to my last stop. I thought that this was it but as I turned the page, I could see more writing. Actually as I flipped through the pages, there were pages filled with writing.

Like Cole never stopped...

My brows furrowed as I read the next page.

23 May

Huh, this was the entry I was going to read but then Cole came in to the library. I guess it was the first time I really met Cole. It seemed so long ago...

Shaking my head, I started to read.

Dear journal

....nope never writing that again

I snorted when Cole said that. He even went and scratched out 'Dear journal' but I could still make it out though.

I don't know which is worse, keeping your love for someone a secret or telling them and risk being rejected...

So much for being a man, I can't even go and talk to the girl I love.

Pfft, I must be pathetic!

Shit I need to grow some balls and man up!

I let out a laugh. Grinning, I forgot how cute Cole can be. My smile slightly fell at the thought of Cole.

Wonder what he's doing?

Even though I'm not ready to see him but I know that I forgive him for what he did. I can't stay mad him because Noah was right, that wasn't the Cole I know. Though I'm still cautious, especially with the whole 'incident' which I hope to put in the back of my mind.

Sighing, I flipped to the next page and read.

24 May

If I remember correctly, this was the day when I thought I found the secret admirer – Noah, but I guess I was wrong.

Shit, shit, shit!!!!!!

Dammit! She found out! She found this damn journal all thanks to my best friend. But the worse thing was, she thinks he wrote the damn thing!

I guess it was also my fault since it was the perfect chance to tell her but I was scared...

There I said it! I'm scared that she might reject me, damn I was so nervous that I froze on the spot.

For the first time in my 17 years of existence, I was speechless.

I don't know whether to kill or thank my friend, but then again it was his fault...guess I'm going to have to kill him.