Chapter Eleven

Shelby's POV

I stood there for a long time after he left, in what felt like Shock. I finally left the room, and I went into mine. I went into the bathroom, splashing my face with water and looking at my reflection, my swollen lips flushed face. I grabbed my phone and called Lee. "Lee, can-can you come up to my room? And don't bring Justin." I said as she picked up. "Oh Justin told me to tell you that he'd see you Monday, he took off with some guy." She said. "Okay. Just come up here." I said and I hung up the phone. I sat on the bed, knee's drawn up to my chin when the door opened and Lee walked in. "What's wrong?" She asked me. I broke down and I told her everything. About how me and Scar had met and how everyone had told me about the mate thing and that I never believed it was a real thing. I told her about Holly and Scar in the office and then our kiss, which had ended so awkwardly. "He just left? He didn't say anything?" She asked me and I shook my head. "What the fuck? Who does that?" She asked and I shrugged. "Can I come stay with you? Just for a few nights? I can't be around him." I said. She smiled at me sadly. "Of course." She said and I got up, and I threw some necessities into a bag. I quickly changed into some sweatpants and a t-shirt, and I grabbed my bag, phone and keys, and I followed her downstairs. We got into my car and I started it, and I backed out, and then I drove to her house. We went inside quietly, her mom was asleep, and we went to her room. She went and changed, and then she sat on the bed. "You okay?" She asked me. "I don't know. I don't know what happened tonight." I said. "I do. That fucking bitch happened. I swear to god I wish I could run that bitch over with my car like five thousand times." Lee said and I laughed. "I want to go home." I said to her. "What?" She asked me. "I want to go home. I want to go home so badly. I don't want to be here anymore." I said, my eyes filling up with tears. "What? Why?" She asked me. "Because! I don't want to know that werewolves exist! I don't want to be Scar's mate and constantly have to question why and how! I don't want to have to lie to my mom every single time I talk to her because she thinks that I'm in California but I'm really in Montana, but I cant tell her that because I cant tell her that the only reason I'm in Montana is because I had to leave to protect her from a crazed werewolf! I said. "Look, you're still kinda buzzed, you've dealt with a lot of shit tonight. Lets just go to bed and we'll talk about everything in the morning." Lee said and I nodded. She turned the light out and we laid down in her bed. I laid awake for hours after she had fallen asleep, her bedside clock now reading four AM, and I still hadn't slept. I slowly got out of the bed, pulled on my shoes, grabbed my bag, and I quietly out of the house and got into my car. I typed out a text and sent it to Lee so she would understand everything, and I pulled out of her driveway. I drove until I was out of the town of Black Eagle. I drove until one o'clock in the afternoon, ignoring the constant buzzing of my phone. I continued to drive for a little while longer but I had to pull over. I crawled into the back and I went to sleep.

Scar's POV

"What the fuck do you mean she's gone?" I growled. "G.O.N.E. Gone." Lee said. "You let her leave?" I asked her. "Hold the fuck up. First off, she is a grown ass woman who can do whatever the hell she wants. And second, bitch you were the one who kissed that whore, and then kissed Shelby and then just left her, making her think you didn't want her. She already thinks that her being your mate is bullshit because she doesn't think she's good enough for you. So you doing that is what pushed her over the edge." Lee said. "Did she say anything at all? Did she leave a note or anything?" I asked. "She sent me a text." Lee said. "Let me see it." I said and she handed me her phone.

Hey Lee, please don't think I skipped out on

you, because I didn't. I appreciate the fact that

you were gonna let me stay with you, and you're an

awesome friend. I just don't want to be here anymore. I just want to