Epilogue

Loki's Exile

Thunder roared as rain pelted down from the dark grey clouds above. Lightning flashed, revealing a silhouette of a large man draped in a heavy hooded cloak of black fur, and a forked staff. He stood in front of two thick, horizontal rock walls, with a heavy iron barred gate with sharp spears shoved tightly between them. Another frightening flash passed through the sky as the man unleashed a big sadistic grin on his mouth.

A handful of men, clad in black armour appeared behind him holding thick lengths of chains. He pointed his staff to the gate, signalling them to wrap one end of the chains around the iron bars. They passed the opposite ends to the man as he handed his staff to one of the soldiers. The Man tightly gripped onto the chains and pulled. He slowly walked backwards; the bars of the iron gate began to bend outwards, groaning in protest. With all the strength he had, the Man pulled once more and this time, he pulled the gate free of its confines between the rock walls.

The face of the gate was now battered and dented and lying on the soaked, muddy ground like a lifeless body. The Man grinned again, as he was handed his staff back, and dropped the chain ends, then proceeded to walked over the destroyed gate and continued forward.

Before him stood a tall, dark mountain, it was cruel and jagged. Dead skeleton like trees lined the base of the mountain and on it sides and ledges. A cave entrance, blocked with a thick metal sheet, with a circle lock. The lock was gold with a black, intricate, design of swirls with thorns; in the middle of the lock was an empty socket in the shape of a sun. The Man reached into his cloak, as he strolled up to the lock, and took out a gold medallion. It was the exact shape and size as the socket. The Man placed the sun-shaped medallion into the socket and turned it to the right. A sequence of loud clicks and turning gears projected from the lock. The whole lock started to spin to the left slowly. It groaned from years of rust, a terrible ear-piercing shriek emitted as the thick metal sheet slowly scrolled up.

The Man waited patiently as the sheet continued to disappear into the roof of a (not so hidden) cave entrance. The Man gestured for his soldiers to head in. The soldiers ran ahead into the cave entrance and down a short, dark tunnel. Their leader walked in behind them, taking his time. He had waited years for this moment. And that moment was now.

The tunnel's exit revealed a vast, hollow, space at the base of the mountain. It was dark, almost no light. There was a balcony above that balanced six large crossbows; with one of the Man's soldiers at each, disabling them. At the centre of the hollow spaces roof, was a hole that allowed the heavy rain to pour into the room, and onto the top of a large cage. The cage was bolted to the ground with thick, sturdy, metal bars; droplets of rain dripped from the edges of the room, puddling the ground and leaking into the cage.

Inside the cage, was a young man, no older than twenty, he was kneeling on the floor with his arms stretched out at his sides; tight shackles on his wrists keeping them there. His head was down; a curtain of long, tangled, dirty and gritty, yellow hair covered his face. The boy's clothes were ratty and ripped beyond repair, and no-one could tell what colour it was before.

'The Man', crouched down in front of the bars, eyesight trained on the boy's form.

The boy lifted his head, meeting the gaze of the person on the other side of the bars; revealing a dirt-ridden face.

"Father?" the boy gasped.

'The Man' grinned in grim delight- "Are you ready to be with your brother, again?"

The boy's face turned and a sick smile appeared on his mouth.

His green eyes, gleaming in the dimness.

...................................................................................................................................

Hello Readers!!!

Here's what's going to happen. I'm going to finish planning one of my other books (The Forgotten Ones) and the sequel to this one, and I'll try to work on them at the same time. Year 12 is almost finished, then life begins. Wish me luck.

Again, a big round of applause to my editor GoddessOfFanfictionn, you have been great help in this story.

Vote, comment and stick around for the next book

Till Next Time =D