Unexpected Wake Up Call

Hey guys, this chapter is going to be in third person, cause i'm kinda getting frustrated with first person, so i'm just trying it out and see if i like it. Now, on with the chapter.

Images blurred and flashed in Stoick's mind as he slept restlessly. He stood in the centre of a black void and shot his head around at different passing panels of memories of him and Valka that faded into nothing, scenes of Hiccup when he was fifteen and still on the island came and went the same way. But, there were some that were unfamiliar to the Chief; he saw his son shoot the bola launcher and hit its target dead on, he watched as Hiccup held the knife over the Night Fury to kill it, but he didn't, instead he set it free. Other panels went by showing other scenes of his son and his dragon, one was of Hiccup and Toothless forming their forbidden friendship, another of Toothless shooting up into the sky as Hiccup desperately clutched on the dragons tail for dear life. But, one caught Stoick's attention.

It was a floating panel that didn't fly with the others, it stayed hovering over one particular spot and Stoick could see the scene that was playing. It was of Hiccup standing next to his bed holding onto his helmet made out his deceased mothers breastplate, he was speaking to Toothless but no sound could be heard, he suddenly dropped the helmet on the ground and the dragon had a threatening expression on its face, meaning the dragon was growling. Stoick watched as Hiccup rushed to his bedside table to retrieve his dagger, when he grasped it the blade cut his hand and Toothless was getting really worried and backed away into a table causing the vase to fall and break. The scene ended as Hiccup and Toothless flew out the window as Stoick burst through Hiccup's door; and as soon as that happened, the panel shattered into thousands of small fragments.

Stoick woke up in a fright and sat upright in his bed panting. Beads of sweat rolled down from his forehead and fell. He let out a deep calming breath and rubbed the bridge of his nose. Stoick got out of the bed and walked up the stairs to Hiccup's room. Hiccup was on side ,breathing evenly as he slept, the blanket was pulled all the way to his chin and his new Terrible Terror, Twitch, was curled up close to him on his bed. Toothles was lying next to the bed, staying close to his best friend incase something came in the night to take him.

Stoick, smiled then frowned at the rememberance of his dream. The dragon had given something to Hiccup, that led him to leave and live somewhere else. Stoick felt incredibly guilty, as he didn't do his job as a dad should do; he had put his role as Chief before is son and caused Hiccup to believe he wasn't the son Stoick wanted. The Chief sighed sadly and and went back downstairs and clipped his bearf fur cape onto his metal shoulder plates. Putting on his helmet, Stoick made his way over to the door; even though he still had a good hour before he had to start his duties, Stoick liked to watch the sunrise as it calmed his mood.

Stoick opened the door and before he could step outside he froze as he looked at the ground. A flock of Terrible Terrors were sitting on the ground staring up at him, and more were perched on the roof of the house, each were different colours and all were staring at him, expecting him to do something. Stoick looked over the small dragons with confusion and couldn't possibly think of anything that the Terrors would want. Except one thing. The Chief closed the door and made his back upstairs and shook Hiccup's shoulder, waking him up in a slightly gentle way.

"Hiccup, wake up" Stoick whispered

Hiccup groaned tiredly and peeked one eye open.

"What is it, dad?" he croaked

"Some friends are here to see you."

"Friends?"

"Yeah, they're outside right now."

Hiccup groaned as he sat up from bed and grabbed a cream coloured tunic then slipped on over his head and chest. He walked downstairs with his father in tow and as soon as Hiccup opened the door, the Terrible Terrors all swarmed all over him.