Chapter 4 - The Rooster

Harry and Louis looked up at Zayn confusingly, while Liam looked down at his lap. Silence filled the room.

"What was that?" Louis questioned.

"I, uh, just ate some of Niall's cereal and he got angry." Zayn lied, looking back and forth between the door and the boys.

"Alright." Harry said slowly.

Quickly Liam stood. "We better get going. We don't want to be getting to the next hotel late." He rushed over to the door.

"Um, Liam, you kind of forgot about your case." Harry pointed to his case in the hallway.

"Oh yeah," Liam grabbed his case and handed it to the hotel worker that suddenly appeared outside the door. He grabbed Harry's case and passed it along. Then grabbed Louis', Zayn's and Niall's. "I'll help take the cases down, so come down soon." Liam disappeared out of the room with the hotel worker down the corridor.

"Lets get going then, we don't want Liam to think we're all paynes." Harry exaggerated the last word and laughed to himself.

"Wow Harry, good joke." Louis rolled his eyes.

"You think?" Harry stood proudly.

"No." Louis said blatantly. He stood and walked to Niall's door, knocking on it.

"What did you think of my joke Zayn, pretty good huh?" Harry grinned.

"Amazing." Zayn mumbled, clearly not interested.

"Amazayn." Harry laughed.

"Stop Harry, just stop." Louis appeared again, this time accompanied by Niall. Niall headed straight for the door and waited.

"Clearly you're not a fan of true humour." Harry shook his head at Louis.

Louis walked past Harry, smirking to himself, and joined Niall by the door. "C'mon then." He walked down the corridor, followed by a silent Niall and Zayn.

Harry followed at the end and closed the hotel room door behind him. "C'mon c'mon and dance with me baby." Harry sang, dancing clumsily down the corridor.

In the car Niall stared out one window whilst Zayn stared out the opposite. Liam sat awkwardly between them and kept glancing both ways. Harry and Louis sat together opposite them. They had just set off to the next hotel. The fans running after the car could no longer be seen in the distance. Niall sat and thought of what he would say to Zayn if he had to. Zayn sat and thought of what he had said that made Niall feel so used and how he could make it up to him. Liam sat and wondered if the Ziall drama would rise and people find out that they'd slept together. Harry sat thinking about Louis and Louis about Harry.

When they reached the next hotel, they jumped out of the car quickly to not get attacked by eagerly waiting fans. They approached Paul who was stood by the reception desk.

He turned to them and presented them with five key cards. "Don't lose these, we don't want anyone getting into your room." He warned them.

"We won't." Zayn said.

"There's only one room for all of you to share," Paul told them. "There's two double beds and a sofa bed. Your cases should be up there already." He smiled. They each took a key card and headed to the lift. Stepping in, Niall pressed the button for the thirteenth floor.

"I'll share a bed with Harry." Louis spoke up. Harry looked over at him and smiled.

Liam knew he couldn't let Niall and Zayn share a bed so he spoke quickly. "I'll share with Zayn. Niall, you okay with the sofa bed?"