Chapter 4 - Piper

I am SO sorry for not updating! Life has gotten crazy and I just kept putting it off until I was dying of guilt! I know it's short but I'm just glad I got to update! I hope you like it!

Piper

No one had been expecting Percy to pass out. Annabeth and Jason both dove forward to catch him before he hit the ground, but neither made it in time. You could hear the sickening thud as he hit the deck. Piper let out a stifled squeak of surprise, that couldn’t be good for him.

Annabeth knelt down next to him, “What could’ve happened? Why is he like this?” she asked angrily and gave a menacing look to everyone.

Everyone came over to look, “Everything looks fine, I don’t see any reason for him to collapse. Maybe it was just from to much stress.” Jason added trying to calm her down.

"Yeah, maybe." Annabeth brushed the hair out of her boyfriends face “Jason, will you help me carry him to the sickbay?”

Jason scooped him up like a rag doll, and grunted in surprise. “When was the last time he ate anything? He’s so light!”

Annabeth sniffled “I’m not sure, I bet he’s eaten something since we got back... Hasn’t he?”

They all looked at each other and shook their heads, none of them had seen Percy eat since he and Annabeth had come back.

“Well, lets get some ambrosia into him and see if that helps.” Jason said with worry in his voice, as he brought the injured boy to the sickbay.

Frank, Hazel, and Leo had decided to stay up on deck to give them some room to help Percy.

Even though Percy was out cold, Jason forced some ambrosia and nectar down his throat. “Hopefully that helps him get better soon.”

“Well, we’ll give you some time alone with him.” Piper whispered so she wouldn’t disturb Percy even though she doubted he could hear her. “Come on Jason lets go get something to eat. Do you want us to bring you anything Annabeth?”

“No I’m fine, I’m not really in the mood for eating.”

She hesitated at the doorway. “Ok, well let us know if anything changes.”

Jason opened his mouth as if he was going to say something but then he thought better about it. He took her hand and led her out of the room and into the kitchen. He grabbed some of Leo’s tacos that he didn’t get to finish eating earlier and gave one to Piper.  

She was hungry but she had too much on her mind to try eating anything right now. “Do you think they’ll be alright?” she asked in a small voice.

“Percy and Annabeth?” he asked. “They’re the two strongest demigods I know, and they made it through Tartarus, they’ve fought thousands of monsters. Knowing them they’ll be fine, they just need a couple of weeks to recover.”

“But they don’t have a couple of weeks to recover!”

“Percy and Annabeth would never let us down, they’ll do whatever it takes to help win this war. As long they have each other, they’ll get through this.”

He had so much authority in his voice it was hard to  not to believe him. “Thanks Jason, you always know what to say.”

“Now come on eat your tofo taco it’ll make you feel better.” he said encouragingly.

They enjoyed the silence and comfort of each other, while they ate in silence. Hazel, and Frank walked in

“How is he?” Frank questioned as he grabbed a taco for Hazel and him.

Jason took a second to think about his answer “I think he’ll be ok, we can’t really tell until he wakes up.”

“Any idea how long?” chimed in Hazel

“None.” Jason said sadly while looking at the floor.

"Well we only have a half an hour to tell Gaea no." Hazel said quietly.

The whole room was silent, no one knew what to say.  The guy who was supposed to be the strongest, the one who was their leader was knocked out. They also had to think of a way to tell Gaea that they weren't going to give her Percy.

Piper couldn’t stand to see everyone so down. “Come on you guys, Percy wouldn’t want to see us like this! All sad and losing hope, he would want to see us working together and trying our hardest!”

Jason was about to agree, when they heard Annabeth give an excited shriek. They all stood up and rushed to the infirmary, to see her hugging a very confused looking Percy.

“Oh Percy I was so worried about you! I thought you weren’t going to wake up!” Annabeth squeezed him even harder as she said these things.

Piper decided to intervene when Percy’s face began to turn red. “So Percy, what happened?”

Everyone looked at him eagerly for an answer.

“Um... I’m not sure” he said while not making eye contact with anyone.

Piper could tell he was lying and by the look on Annabeth’s face she could to.

Annabeth went to push it farther when Percy started to get out of the bed. “Wait! Where do you think you’re going?”

“To go change?” Percy said hopefully.

Annabeth narrowed her eyes at him trying to decided whether or not to let him. Finally she replied “Fine but that’s it, right after you change you need to go to bed. I’ll come check on you in a couple of minutes.”

Percy looked relieved and quickly walked out of the room.

"You don’t believe him do you?” Piper asked.

“Not one bit.” Annabeth said frustrated.

“Are we going to follow him?”

“Yes” Annabeth grumbled as she walked out of the room and in the direction Percy had headed.

They all looked at each other and without even saying a word they decided to follow. Annabeth walked down the hallway and paused. She didn’t hear anything, so she pressed her ear against the door and listened for a moment. She got a worried look on her face and started to bang on the door with her fist.

“Annabeth, what’s going on?” Piper asked.

“I don’t know! I can’t hear anything!” She said with a look of worry. “He’s not answering his door either!”

That’s when they heard something heavy hit the floor and glass shatter.

I am so sorry for how short it is! But don't worry the next one will be a lot longer! Plus it's a Percy chapter! I love writing those!

Question: If you could pick your godly parent, who would it be?

Dedication: This chapter is dedicated to partygirl237! Her Blood of Olympus story is amazing! You should really go check it out! She's super nice and fun to be around and is an amazing friend!

Comment, Vote, Fan

~Shelby