Chapter 2 - Reyna

Sorry about this one not being longer than the last chapter! It turns out Reyna's point of view is harder than I thought. I promise I'll get better though! I hope you like it! Why it's so spaced and such a long page I have no idea...

Reyna

She was seriously getting sick of his attitude. Nico had only said a few words during the last hour, and those were only to say a command like, “We’re leaving”, or “Go search the area while I rest real quickly.” This is how the last few days had been. She had tried a few times to start a conversation, but got sick of the way he would look at her, like she was a little girl and wasn't worth his time.

She had been through a lot in the past few days, and was not about to watch him sulk for another hour.

She had been trying not to think of it lately, but she really missed Scipio, her Pegasus. Scipio had been her pet and best friend.  The first few weeks of Camp Jupiter, since she had gone on her first quest.

Her quest was to retrieve the shield of Mars named Ancile. There were twelve sacred shields kept in the Temple of Mars. According to legend, it fell out of heaven; the other eleven were made to confuse anyone who tried to steal it. Unfortunately all of them had gone missing. When she was searching for them she found the wounded Pegasus. It’s wing had been broken, and she nursed it back to health. Ever since then, they had a special bond.  It broke her heart to think she would never see her again.

Even though she had enjoyed her time away from Nico, she thought she better go check up on him. Shadow traveling seemed to tire him out. She didn’t like to leave him alone for too long, he was too unpredictable. She had never really gotten to know him, when he would come to visit Camp Jupiter. He always gave off a negative vibe, like he was mad and nothing would cheer him up. Sometimes she would see him with Hazel and had hoped that she could help him. He did seem happier around her.

But right now, he just seemed broken. Like, he could never be happy again.

Whenever she would even try asking him what was wrong, he would just snap at her. Her goal was to at least see him smile once, it had to be possible.

Nico started to get up once he saw her approaching. “No, go ahead keep resting. You look like you need it.” she commented as she went to sit in the soft grass.

He was covered in little nicks and scratches. He had dark circles around his eyes and

“I’m ready now, there’s not time for resting” Nico said hurriedly.

She frowned at this comment; it was obvious that he wasn’t ready to leave yet. “Well, if you're feeling so good then you can keep watch, while I catch up on my sleep.”

“Fine” He grumbled.

She smiled smugly to herself. She knew she had won.

Demigod dreams sucked. They just never seemed to be happy.

The room was dark and eerie. You could feel a cold draft floating through the room.  Octavian was sitting at the head of the table. There were six other

Demigods at the table, either looking at the floor or giving one another uncomfortable glances. They knew what Octavian was saying wasn’t right.

“We must attack the camp at once!” declared Octavian.

There were a few quiet murmurs of unhappiness, but no one dared to speak up against him. He was too powerful now, with Reyna out of the picture.

“We’ll attack in a week” Octavian yelled “The Greeks will have no idea what hit them!”

There was a few cheer’s from Octavian followers.

“Unless there are any objections?” He said with a threatening tone, while glaring at the ones who had said nothing.

No one said anything.

“Then it’s official.” He stated his voice dripping with authority. “We’ll show them what Romans are made out of!”

The dream started to fade out. She sat up so fast that she started to see spots.

“Oh no!” Reyna thought to herself. “We have to get back to camp, as soon as possible!”

She scrambled to stand up “Come on Nico we have to get back to camp! Octavian is planning an attack and we have to stop them!”

She studied his face for any emotion, but none showed.  “Is he really this heartless?” She thought. “Or is he afraid of appearing weak?”

Either way she didn’t have enough time to worry about what was going on in his head. She had to go save the camps from Octavian.

Tada my second chapter of The Blood of Olympus! I can't believe my last chapter got so many reads! You guys are amazing! Thank you so much! Let me know if you see anything I can fix! I'm always looking to improve! Does anyone know how to attach pictures? I can't seem to figure it out!

 Question: If you had to pick between Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter which one would you pick? Why?

 Dedication: I dedicated this chapter to Percabeth818! She helped me get started writing and inspired me to start my own story! She's such an amazing friend! She can always cheer you up and is a great inspiration to follow! Her stories are so amazing! I suggest you go read them!

Comment, Vote, or Fan!

~ Shelby