Chapter 2

Amy POV

"221B Baker Street please," I instruct the cabbie. Opening the door and sliding into the back seat.

The car pulls away and I find myself wandering off into my thoughts.

The gun shot rings through the crisp night air in the streets of London. My senses kick in, and I dart for the nearest refuge, hand entwined with Sherlocks. Another shot rings through the air and a weight on my arm pulls me to the ground.

"Sherlock!" I cry out. Blood pours from a wound in his stomach.

"Go," he winces at the pain of talking. "Amy, Go," he says more forcefully.

"No!" Gun shots fire all around now, but all I'm aware of is Sherlock, bleeding out. "I'm not leaving you!" Tears stream down my face.

"Amy!" John calls from across the road. "Sher- oh my god, Sherlock! Amy we need to find cover and call for help." Johns military side kicking in. I try as hard as I can to kill the emotion building up inside me, but it doesn't work.

"Miss, are you okay?" The cabbie has the passenger door open and is looking at me, concern masking his face. Cold drops of sweat line my forehead. I clear my thoughts and swing my legs out of the car, nodding slightly.

"Yeah, I'm okay thanks," my voice comes out strained and small. I take a deep breath and stand up, leaving the car onto the pavement of Baker Street. I grab my bags and head towards the door.

"Um, excuse me miss, you haven't payed."

"Oh yeah, right," I say, turning around and pulling out my wallet. I hand the cabbie an extraordinary amount for such a short trip. Why did it cost so much? How long was I sitting there?

I haven't been here since he left. I walk past Speedys and fit my key into the door of 221B for the first time in a year.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I wasn't going to publish this quite yet but I haven't updated in AGES, and I'm really sorry about that, I've got lots of homework and my horses are time consuming.

It's late (in my head) and I haven't re-read this so please point out anything that doesn't make sense, or any typos :) *yawn* I'm going to go to sleep now 😴