Chapter 1

DICLAMIER! I DON'T OWN ANYTHING OR ANYONE EXCEPT BAILEY FAITH BLACK! EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING ELSE BELONGS TO J.K. ROWLING!

∞*∞

10 years. That's how long it's been since I've seen my dad.

Let me tell you where I've been the past 10 years.

At Grimmuald Place. I grew up with Kreacher, my grandma's portrait, and Remus Lupin checking in on me once a month. Kreacher basically raised me. I have lived alone all my life. I don't have any friends. I did go to school though. I don't know why. Remus made me. I've always known I was a witch. Remus told me. Dumbledore did too. He comes once a year, to check on me. Nothing really special. People always stay away from me because of the weird things that happen around me.

It seems like a sad life, but I don't mind, not at all. It's kind of lonely, but before dad left, he put in a T.V. And he decorated my room. It has dark blue walls and, as I got older, everything turned blue, red, and gold. I don't know why, I've always loves those colours. I have bean-bags of red and gold, bedspread and sheets of blue. I even have a desk that's blue. My closet doors are red and gold. It's I only know I'm a witch, I know nothing about the wizarding world.

I do know about my mother though. Her name was Julia Cruz. She was a muggle. My dad met her after he left Hogwarts in a pub. She was alone, and my dad, being my dad, hit on her. They hit it off, and my mother turned up 9 months later on his doorstep, with me in her arms. She left me here with dad, and disappeared. She died because of a miscarriage of a second child. She didn't want me. She knew how she conceived me, and hated me for it. So she dumped me on dad, and forgot about me.

I'm a carbon-copy of my dad. His black, curly hair, the shape of his face, his GREY eyes (A/N: JFC people! Sorry I said brown eyes!), even the way he holds himself, I have all of that. Remus told me I even have his devious mind and his prankster ways.

Today is July 8th. My birthday. An owl tapped at my window. I dropped my book on my bean-bag and crossed my room to the window. I threw it open and the owl flew in. On its claw, it held a letter- my Hogwarts letter. "Kreacher!" I called. He appeared in the room. "Go get Remus Lupin! Now!" He disappeared with a "Yes, Mistress Bailey." I grabbed the letter from the barn owl and it flew out the window, and I slammed it shut. I ran downstairs to the drawing room, with the letter clenched in my hand.

Remus appeared in the room with Kreacher. "Bailey! What's wrong? Are you alright?"

I looked at him excitedly. "I'm great!" I said. I held up the letter and squealed.

"OH! Well, open it Bails!" He grinned and encouraged me. I opened the letter. It said:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL

of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, and International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Black,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

HOGWARTS SCHOOL