The Russian Hero. Chapter 2.

Canada opened his eyes, looking around a room that wasn't his...

He turned his head, dazed as he saw a figure beside him... whiteish hair... very buff...
"R....Russia?" Canada whispered gently and the Russian turned to face him...
"Your avake..." Russia said gently. "Wh...what? You saved me?" Canada was confused.
The Russian studied the Canadian's face intently.
"I vas heading home but zen I zaw you and zat baztard...
I vanted to help you zince you vere very kind to me...."
Canada was confused. "In what way Russia? All I ever did was speak to you..." Russia then sighed and then he explained. "Nobody but you zpeaks to me... zey all run avay...." He said unhappily.

Canada looked at him with those beautiful, purple eyes, tearing up. "You... You're all alone too?"

Russia looked confused. "Too? Vat do you mean little Canada?" Then it clicked into place... the countless times that Russia had sat on Canada and nobody cared... the hundreds of times that Russia had heard Canada weep in a room at the Axis meeting place because he had been left behind... and the fact that Canada was often beaten up or smiling as if nothing was wrong... it was... awful....

Russia didn't realise that he was petting the shy canadian until the canadian's quiet voice called his name. "R..Russia?"
"Call me Ivan..." Russia quickly said as he removed his hand from Canada's hair.

Canada nodded gently before saying. "Ivan... are you okay?... you look worried...."

Russia blushed at how innocent the Canadian looked and then asked. "Vat is your name? Az in... vat is your real name?" He wanted to change the subject and Canada said.
"William." He was smiling now... tears running down his face, he was so happy that somebody cared about his name... and was taking interest in their talk instead of being bored with Canada or mistaking him for someone else.

Canada just smiled at the Russian... very shy but very happy to have made such an amazing friend... so quickly...

"T...Thank you so much... for saving me..." Canada sobbed joyfully.
Russia smiled, he felt something he hadn't felt for a while... happy.

Canada's eyes were beautiful... they were a mixture of purples and slight blue...
Ivan found himself lost in them as Canada started to get tired again... ready to fall asleep....

"Ivan? A...Are you okay?" Canada was worried as he looked wide eyed at Ivan, his rosy cheeks becoming redder. "Ivan?" Russia snapped out of his trance and turned away. "Z...zorry.... H...Have a good zleep Canada."

Canada smiled and went back to sleep as Russia left to go to the living room to call up a certain two countries... anger in his heart that such an innocent country would be treated so badly.
"Bonjour!"
"Hello France...." Russia said darkly.
"U...Umm... b...bonjour Russia... what s...seems to be ze problem?"
"Remember your zon?"
"America?"
"Niet..."
"I don't have another son Russia..."
"Think a bit harder France...." Russia was losing his patience.
"Non... I don't have another son!"
Russia growled angrily. "Fucking french frog.... CANADA!!! Do you not fucking remember your DAMN SON!!!??"

France was quiet and then he said. "I... I forgot... w...where is he anyways and why do you care?"
Russia was more than enraged. "Vhy do I care?
VHY DO I CARE!!?!
I CARE BECAUSE I ZAVED YOUR ZON FROM BEING MURDERED AND MUGGED BY A BASTARD!!! I CARE BECAUZE THERE IZ A POOR LITTLE COUNTRY GETTING LEFT BEHIND AND ZOBBING ALL ALONE AT THE AXIZ MEETING ROOM BECAUSE HE GETS LEFT BEHIND OVER AND OVER!!! I CARE BECAUZE I OFTEN FIND THE ZAME COUNTRY BEING BEATEN AND TORMENTED AND FORCED TO FAKE A ZMILE EVERY DAY, THAT IZ VHY I CARE!!!!"
France was quiet again and he then said.
"I...I'm sorry...I shall deal with this in le morning." He didn't sound genuine... he probably didn't even remember who Canada was...
This pissed Russia off...
"I'm keeping Canada... I vill be coming tomorrow for his thingz...."
France then said. "Ah! W...Wait C...Canada? N..No! You cannot take my son! I will not allow zis!"
Russia merely glared at the phone as he responded. "I'll zee you in the morning..." Then he hung up and turned, standing in the doorway was Canada, looking worried.
"Why a...are you keeping m...me here I...Ivan and wh...why are you so mad eh?"
Russia towered over the small, slightly trembling country and picked him up, Canada flinching as Russia lifted him and held him bridal style, Canada was pretty tall though and felt awkward that Russia was carrying him.
"They von't hurt you anymore... I von't let them... you are much too kind to be ztuck vith people who don't appreciate you, so I vill take you in. Iz that okay vith you Canada?"

Canada smiled at Russia and yawned like a kitten, cuddling unintentionally.

Russia chuckled softly and set Canada on the bed, pulling covers over him and making sure he was comfy.

"Thank you.... Ivan... and I accept your invitation to stay at your home... as long as I can pay you back with help... such as working in the kitchen or cleaning." Canada said to Ivan as Ivan chuckled.
"Zure... vatever you vant Canada... I vill teach you how to cook az the ruzzianz do..." Russia smiled and patted Canada's head. "Now zleep... tomorrow ve shall announce this new zituation to ze otherz...

Canada drowsily nodded and drifted off to sleep... Russia was so happy to actually have a friend... or... at least... have a companion.
Russia slept in his room... excited.... hopeful and ready for tomorrow, with his new friend Canada.