Chapter 5

I just got this posted and I've gotten ten reads. To me, that is amazing! To all the better authors, it's probably not as big of a thing. Anyways I know this is really different than the last one, but I hope you guys are enjoying it. And if you have any comments, let me know what they are.

xxxxxx

On the way home, I was squished between Brody and Travis in the front, while everyone else was squished in the back. Even though Brody borrowed my uncle's SUV, we were still cramped. That's because we had a lot of bags and people with us. Hey, we're staying from the end of April to the first of August. You gotta have enough stuff for about four months.

"So how is New York?" Brody asks.

"Big, noisy, busy, polluted, cramped, scary, and everything else that the country isn't." Tyler says. Brody chuckles.

"Yeah. I can't say that I'd like the city too much. But I'm sure you guys have gotten use to it right?"

"No. Not really. I mean, this was our home for quite a few years, and it always will be. You may be able to take the kid from the country, but you can't take the country from the kid."

"How'd you come up with that one Brett?"

"Shut up Connor." I look in the back and see Brett and Connor staring at each other.

"Oh puh-lease, like you two would really duke it out right now," I say. They look at me with a you-sure-about looks.

"They still fight over stupid things?" Brody asks. I turn back around and cross my arms.

"Yeah. I think though that they're not really fighting, they're more of having a friendly little match. They really don't hurt each other." Brody just nods his head. He doesn't really understand what I mean. He only has two sisters, and they don't really like fighting much.

"So, how's your family?" Mason asks.

"Good. Mandy and Remi are excited to see you Alex."

"Ah yes. Mandy and Remi. I really have missed them." Brody looks at me real quick and I know he's caught the sarcasm that was in my voice.

"I bet you did. They can't wait to play barbies and dress up with you."

"Really? Isn't Mandy like thirteen and Remi like twelve? Haven't they grown out of the Barbie and dress up stage?"

"I don't know Alex. I bet you'd still like barbies and dress up if we hadn't corrupted you," Travis says.

"Thank gosh you did!" This gets everyone to laugh.

"You never were the girly-girl type were ya? Even though mum tried oh so hard to make you into one."

"Thank you for reminding me of the worst years of my life Travis. I really wanted to think back when mum would make me do fashion shows for the family."

"You're welcome." I stick my tongue out at him and he does the same thing to me.

"So Brody, you got a girlfriend?" Brett asks. When he says that, I feel this little gnawing in my stomach.

"Nope." He pops the 'p'. "Haven't had time for one. I'm busy in the summer working for your uncle and then school and football consumes the rest of the year." This makes me happy to hear.

"Really? Well you do know that Alex is single too?" I feel my cheeks burn and I see Brody has a little blush too. Soon enough though, we hear a SMACK and an "Ouch!" I look in the back seat and see Connor rubbing his head and Tyler glaring at him.

"Was that really necessary?" Connor whined.

"Yes it was. Now shut up before I duct tape your mouth shut," Tyler said.

"You're brothers haven't changed much have they?"

"Unfortunately no."