Chapter 33b - You know I can tell that your heart isn't in it

Louis told her about the fans outside the hospital, and she told us about what's been going around on twitter - the pictures, the rumours, 3/5 spotted at the police station this morning.

As we left the house I let out a sigh. This was going to be a long night.

Liam's P.O.V.

The truth is, I was scared. Though I hadn't told the boys everything the doctor said yesterday, it had never left my mind. It was scary knowing that there was a big chance of Stacy never completely recovering. “What if she wasn’t able to speak properly. Or walk – I’d seen that in a movie, where damage to the guy’s brain caused him to be paralyzed. What if she didn’t even remember who we are? It was as if the thoughts were viciously attacking my brain. I shoved them aside.

When Hannah got to the hospital with her mom she was already in tears. I was just explaining what'd happened when we received a call from management, so Hannah and her mom decided to go and speak to the doctors. The event was a public charity gathering – a few Cancer Research Companies, including Trekstock, were among the organisations involved. It was important for us to show our support. At the event however, I was miserable. We all were. We tried our best to pretend that everything was fine, but I saw the lads' faces and I knew they were feeling like I was. They kept looking at their watches like they were waiting to be released. We were all scared. Scared that Stacy wouldn't make it. Scared that we would lose her. So when Niall told me he wanted to leave, I agreed. I tried to find Harry, but he had disappeared. So we made our way back to the hospital, and used a back entrance to get in.