Another world

Here's the next chapter:

I was in a sea of golden grass. I watched as the grass swayed like waves. But this grass was different... It had round ends to the top of it. The sky was different. It had a pale-purple colour to it and there were no clouds. Instead, I could see.. stars and planets. The planets seemed really close, as if I could just jump up and touch them. I watched across as the grass swayed gracefully like seaweed.

And looking across I saw... Sam. His I uttered his name out. He was staring at something... I couldn't quite makeout what exactly he was staring at. I looked to the far right and saw Catherine standing there as if ready to attack me. Sam sped over to her and in two seconds he was already there standing in front of her. I saw to figures appear as Catherine arms were held tightly. She struggled as I realised she was trying to get to me. I wanted to help her, but Jesse and Ben gave me fierce looks as they passed me by.

They all moved gracefully through the infinite sea of golden grass ignoring me. I got up and chased after them but they just disappeared as if mist had taken them away. The wind blew strongly and the echoing voice of a ringing sound. It was my alarm. It was only a dream. Thank God.

I raced downstairs and ate my cereal quickly "Wow you're in a rush" my mother said with a huge grin.

"Yeah well I just wanna get to school early today" I said finishing the last of my cereal in the deep bowl.

I got up and kissed her on the cheek. I grabbed my school bag and made my way out of the door. I saw my car was parked right in front of the garage door.

I got in and started the car. Images of Catherine and Sam and the other mysterious children, Jesse and Ben, were racing through my mind. I lowered my head onto the steering wheel and folded my fingers across the back of my head. I wanted all of the memories of this dream and this... this strange world that I was in, to go away. The other world. It resembled a peaceful like Earth without the urban jungles and the buzz of the city. I wanted to go back to that peacful place, but what if Catherine was there, what if she would attack me? It's only a dream I told myself.

I stopped this deep-thinking of mine and reversed out onto the road.

I walked fast through the hallway running into kids. They were going all about the school. Hear and there... I didn't know which way to turn. I finally got to my locker and I noticed a blonde haired girl scratching through her locker which was a locker away from mine. I tried guessing her name because I knew we had met before, "Hi.. Uh... you're... Wait don't tell me...." I trailed of guessing and humming. She gave cocked one eyebrow up at me "Anna.." she said.

"Anna! Right sorry" I said.

"Yeah Jennifer whatever" she said giving me a confused look. She had her books folded on her chest in her arms. She went on walking "Woah, wait" I stopped her immediately.

"What?" she said annoyed.

"Any chance that you might wanna hang out sometime?" I asked her.

"Since when do hang out with nerds like me? And why would I wanna hang out with you? You've got a boyfriend and all" she looked to the side not paying any attention to me.

"Well, you know... I just thought we could do some studying and school stuff 'cause I really need help with my homework and all" I said smiling politely.

"Mm-hm" she said raising one eyebrow. "Ugh Jennifer I have to go" she said taking two steps forward before I could stop her.

"Okay, I know I haven't really talked to you in a while and you were one of the first people I'd talked to since I first came here, so... I just thought it would be a nice gesture. You know... get to know each other better" I smiled. I wasn't really just being nice, mostly I just wanted to hear more about the small town's history. I'm just getting a bit suspicious about something. I have to find out what's going on.

"Ugh, alright!" she said irritated. "I'll go. When and where?" she asked.

"We can go to the library or we could go to my place, or yours"

"Well, I would prefer going to the library. My little sister's really noisy at times." she said giggling.

I smiled as she passed me and I couldn't help but just grin.

I had wondered where was Josh. I hadn't seen him for the whole day.

I took out my books I needed. I was ready to go to class. I turned around and felt a cool breeze coming at my right side. I truned to see that it was Catherine and... Someone I hadn't really seen before. He had the most gorgeous blue eyes and ear-length curly black hair that made me wanna run my fingers through them. His eyes were the same as Catherine's which sort of made them look like siblings.

Everyone in the hallway just watched them as they walked looking so damn fierce. They walked so, gracefully as if it was some sort of a movie. I felt the cool breeze as they passed me. My mind drfted off.. Not paying any attention I just let go and dropped my books. The stillness was interrupted by the sound of the crashing papers. The beautiful black-haired man darted to me and soon helped me with my books.

"Are you okay?" He asked helping me gather up the whole bunch of papers that were lying on the floor.

Catherine just stood there watching as he helped me. "Yeah sure. It's no big deal" I said.

"Well, this is a lot of papers. So yes, it is a big deal" he said sarcastically.

He helped me up and everyone was just staring quietly in my direction.

"Thanks" I said blushing.

"No problem. I'm Alex by the way" he said smiling.

"Uhh... I-I'm Jennifer" I stuttered struggling to keep my papers from falling.

Catherine rushed over to his side with an impatient face. She strecthed up to his ear "What are you doing?! We have to move!" she whispered.

"See ya Jennifer" he said walking along with Catherine.

I sighed leaning against my locker and the noise of the children in the hallway began.

"Who the heck was that?" Josh stretched his arm onto the locker standing behind me.

"Alex... He helped me when my books fell. He's with Catherine" I said.

"Catherine? Wow." he said in a surprised tone.

"Yeah, wow" I said just watching them walk. He kept staring as the disappeared around the corner. I punched Josh on the shoulder and we both laughed. "I really need to get to class now" I said

"Yeah well I guess I'll see you later" he kissed me on the forehead and then he ran off.

For the rest of the day, I had thought about Alex, Catherine and Sam. They were, mysterious in a way. A way that sent a chill down my spine. A way that made the hairs on my arms and legs stand.

Okay, this chapter wasn't really an interesting one 'cause I didn't really feel like writing :P But the next one is definitely going to be more interesting. Please tell me what you think in the comments :)